Uttar Pradesh: In Agra, an old age man died when he received an electricity bill of more than one lakh. The old man is said to have died in shock after seeing the electricity bill. There was a lot of resentment among the people about the issue. Not only that, but the angry people also held the employees of the electricity department hostage for an hour.
As soon as the information was found, the station in-charge also rushed to the spot. He calmed down and rescued the people from the clutches of the angry people.
The case is from Tehu village, the pagoda of Barhan in Uttar Pradesh’s Agra, where the Vidyut Vibhag was set up. The camp was addressing the complaints of consumers’ bills and revenue collection.
The team at the vibhag was also ordering people to deposit the electricity bills by going door-to-door. It is reported that the highest bill in the village was owed to 85-year-old Babulal Jatav. His electricity bill was around Rs 1,36,690.
As per the bill, the team requested him to deposit the money, and also proposed to make an installment of one to five thousand rupees, but Babulal refused.
The team personnel then disconnected their connection and moved to other defaulters. After this visit, Babulal lay down on the bed. Daughter-in-law Sunita Devi said that he died in shock shortly. The angry people took the team’s cashier and both the lineman hostage over the case.