Vinayaka Chaturthi 2022: The new year 2022 has started. Now Ganesh Jayanti New Year 2022 (Ganesh Jayanti) and Ganesh Chaturthi (Ganesh Chaturthi) will be celebrated with festive fanfare of Ganesh Jayanti is celebrated as the birthday of Lord Ganapati, while Ganesh Chaturthi is a celebration of about 10 days, which is celebrated in many parts of the country including Maharashtra.
People establish Ganpati Bappa in their homes and then send him off on Anant Chaturdashi. At many places, people keep idols and immerse them according to their convenience. Let us know when Vinayaka Chaturthi fasts in the new year 2022.
Vinayaka Chaturthi Vrat and Puja Muhurta:
Date: 06 January 2022
Vinayaka Chaturthi, Puja Muhurta: 11:25 am to 12:29 pm
Significance of Vinayaka Chaturthi:
Also known as Vighnaharta (meaning the remover of obstacles), Lord Ganesha is one of the most revered Hindu deities.
Devotees observe the Vinayaka Chaturthi fast to seek his blessings and pray for a hurdle-free life. Moreover, Lord Ganesha is hailed as the giver of knowledge. Hence the significance.
Vinayaka Chaturthi Vrat Rules:
- Wake up early (preferably during Brahma Muhurta – approximately two hours before sunrise).
- Take a bath and wear clean clothes.
- Do Sankalpa (align yourself with the divine occasion and take a pledge that you would observe the vrat sincerely.
- Do Dhyana (meditation – focus with a calm mind)
- Offer Arghya (water) to the rising Sun.
- Maintain celibacy.
- Do not have foods that contain onion, garlic and meat.
- Consumption of tobacco and alcohol is strictly prohibited.
- Have fruits, milk and vrat recipes.
- Prepare a minimum of 11 Modaks.
- Perform the puja during the time mentioned above.
- Read the Vrat Katha and conclude the puja by performing the aarti.
- Distribute the Modaks and other offerings as prasad.
Interestingly, the vrat kept during the waning or darker phase (Krishna Paksha) is called Sankashti or Sankat Hara Chaturthi.
Each Sankashti Vrat has a specific name and a presiding deity. Finally, and most importantly, the vrat is closely associated with Moonrise, as devotees break their fast only after sighting the Moon.
Vinayaka Chaturthi 2022: Vrat and Puja Muhurta in the year
- 06 January, Day: Thursday: Vinayaka Chaturthi, Puja Muhurta: 11:25 am to 12:29 pm
- 04 February, Day: Friday: Ganesh Jayanti , Vinayaka Chaturthi, Puja Muhurta: 11:30 am to 01:41 pm
- March 06, Day: Sunday, Vinayaka Chaturthi, Puja Muhurta: 11:22 am to 01:43 pm
- April 05, Day: Tuesday, Vinayaka Chaturthi, Puja Muhurta: 11:09 am to 01:39 pm
- 03rd June 3rd Day: Friday, Vinayaka Chaturthi, Puja Muhurta: 10:56 am to 01:43 pm
- 03 July, Day: Sunday, Vinayaka Chaturthi, Puja Muhurta: 11:02 am to 01:49 pm
- August 01, Day: Monday, Vinayaka Chaturthi, Puja Muhurta: 11:06 am to 01:48 pm
- August 31, Days: Wednesday, Ganesh Chaturthi , Vinayaka Chaturthi, Puja Muhurta: 11:05 am to 01:38 pm
- 29 September, Day: Thursday, Vinayaka Chaturthi, Puja Muhurta: 11:00 am to 01:23 pm
- October 28, Day: Friday, Vinayaka Chaturthi, Puja Muhurta: 10:58 pm to 01:12 pm
- November 27, Day: Sunday, Vinayaka Chaturthi, Puja Muhurta: 11:06 am to 01:12 pm
- 26 December, Day: Monday, Vinayaka Chaturthi, Puja Muhurta: 11:20 am to 01:24 pm