What is Amazon ‘Prime Video Channels’: Amazon India took a major step in turning the Amazon Prime Video video streaming service into a super app today. Amazon India introduced a new functionality called Prime Video Channels that will give Prime members seamless access to content from other popular OTT services. Amazon Prime Video Channels will be available in India starting September 24. It will act as an intermediary and give Prime members the option of streaming content from popular OTT services on the Amazon Prime Video app and website in India.
Amazon India said that at launch, the Amazon Prime Video Channels will give Prime members the option to watch global and local binge-worthy content including thousands of shows, movies, reality TV, documentaries etc, from eight video-streaming services. The list includes Discovery+, Lionsgate Play, DocuBay, Eros Now, MUBI, Hoichoi, manoramaMAX, and ShortsTV. Each of these services is accessible with their respective add-on subscriptions. This means that customers will need to pay only for the service they choose. Simply said, Prime members will have to pay for the subscription of the specific OTT service that they want access to. Amazon India also said that at launch, Prime members will be able to enjoy a special introductory annual subscription offer made available by the OTT channel partners.
Here is the annual pricing Amazon Prime Video Channels price list:
- Discovery+ will cost ₹299 annually. The video streaming service said that Discovery+ is offering a 25% discount for Prime members at launch.
- DocuBay will cost ₹499 annually. At launch, DocuBay is offering a 50% special discount on its original pricing of ₹999 for Prime members on annual subscriptions.
- Similarly, Eros Now will cost ₹299 annually. At launch, Prime Members can avail an introductory 25% off on annual subscriptions offered by Eros Now.
- Annual Hoichoi subscription will cost ₹599. Amazon Prime Members can avail 33% discount on hoichoi annual subscription for multiple streams and devices.
- Coming to Lionsgate Play, the service will cost ₹699 per year.
- Similarly, ManoramaMAX will be available at an annual subscription of ₹699.
- MUBI will be available at an annual subscription fee of ₹1999. MUBI is offering an introductory discount to Prime members at launch. However, Amazon India didn’t mention exactly how much discount the OTT platform is offering.
- Lastly, ShortsTV subscription will be available for ₹299 a year. Prime members can sign-up to ShortsTV at a 40% discount as an introductory offer at launch.
Prime members will be able to watch subscribed Prime Video Channels anywhere and anytime on the Prime Video app for smart TVs, mobile devices, Fire TV, Fire TV stick, Fire tablets, Apple TV, etc. In the Prime Video app, Prime members can download episodes on their mobile devices and tablets and watch anywhere offline at no additional cost. Prime Video is available in India at no extra cost with Prime membership.
Titles from Prime Video Channels will join the thousands of TV shows and movies from Hollywood and Bollywood in the Prime Video catalog. These include Indian-produced Amazon Original series Mirzapur Season 1 & 2, Comicstaan Semma Comedy Pa, Breathe: Into The Shadows, Bandish Bandits, Patal Lok, The Forgotten Army – Azadi Ke Liye, Sons of the Soil: Jaipur Pink Panthers, Four More Shots Please, The Family Man, Made In Heaven, and Inside Edge, Indian films such as Hello Charlie, Coolie No. 1, Gulabo Sitabo, Durgamati, Chhalaang, Shakuntala Devi, Ponmagal Vandhal, French Biriyani, Law, Sufiyum Sujatayum, Penguin, Nishabdham, Drishyam2, Joji, Maara, V, CU Soon, Soorarai Pottru, Bheema Sena Nala Maharaja, Halal Love Story, Middle Class Melodies, Putham Pudhu Kaalai, Unpaused among others and the award-winning and critically acclaimed global Amazon Originals like Coming 2 America, Borat Subsequent Moviefilm, Tom Clancy’s Jack Ryan, The Boys, Hunters, Fleabag, and The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel. All Channels will be available with add-on annual subscriptions.
Prime Video Channels benefits for Prime members include:
- No hassle login & billing: Customers will no longer have to juggle between multiple usernames, passwords and billing due dates. With Prime Video Channels, all premium content subscriptions are managed within a single destination – Prime Video apps and website.
- More time watching, less time deciding: Customers won’t have to spend time toggling between their favorite services to discover what’s new and popular. With Prime Video Channels they can browse in one place, search across all their premium subscriptions and get personalized recommendations. All of this without ever having to leave the Prime Video app or website.
- Enjoy your favorite features, no matter which service: Customers can enjoy IMDb’s X-Ray feature and a single consolidated watch list and download library for offline viewing. Subscribers can also manage data consumption and much more across all their premium channel subscriptions.
- More Choice: With the launch of Prime Video Channels, close to 10,000 additional titles across 8 OTT services become available to Prime members
- Introductory Pricing: At launch, Prime members can enjoy special introductory annual subscription offers made available by the OTT channel partners.