Fashion model Munmun Dhamecha is among the eight people detained in a Drugs-On-Cruise Case. As per reports, the Narcotics Control Bureau (NCB) on 2 October raided a passenger cruise ship anchored near Mumbai and recovered drugs like Mephedrone, Charas, cocaine, and Ecstasy. The people detained also include Bollywood actor Shahrukh Khan’s son Aryan Khan.
Besides Khan and Dhamecha, the rest of the six people detained for questioning are Nupur Sarika, Arbaaz Merchant, Mohak Jaswal, Munmun Dhamecha, Vikrant Chhoker, Ismeet Singh, and Gomit Chopra.
Here’s what you need to know about Munmun Dhamecha
- Munmun Dhamecha is a 39-year-old fashion model.
- According to a report, Dhamecha is the daughter of a businessman from Madhya Pradesh.
- She is a resident of Sagar district of Madhya Pradesh. Her mom passed away last year.
- Her brother Prince Dhamecha works in Delhi.
- She has 10.3K followers on Instagram. She keeps her followers engaged by posting reels and photos from her modelling shoots.
- In her most recent post, she can be seen wearing a green dress. “Just so green”, reads the caption.
- All the eight people including Khamecha arrested by the Narcotics Control Bureau (NCB) will be produced before a court in Mumbai on4 October. This will be done after their medical examination has been taken.
- “Khan and others were on the cruise ship where the agency busted a rave party,” NCB zonal director Sameer Wankhede said.
- As per report, a Delhi-based event company organised the parties on passenger cruise ships on October 2, 3 and 4.
- According to NCB, the drug raid conducted yielded 13 grams of cocaine, 21 grams of charas, 22 pills of MDMA and 5 grams of MD. The ones detained had hidden the drugs in their clothes, undergarments and purses.
- On 2 October morning, the raids started at 10 am and went on for 4 hours.
- Aryan, Arbaaz and Munmu Khamecha were produced before Additional Magistrate RK Rajebhosale by NCB’s special prosecutor Advait Sethna on 4th October. A two-days remand has been sought to further facilitate a probe in the matter. Sethna informed the court that the NCB has invoked sections 8(c) read with sections 20b, 35 and 27 of the NDPS Act against those involved.
- Not much information is available about the other people arrested after the raid. As per reports, Mohak Jaswal, Nupur Sarika, and Gomit Chopra, are residents of Delhi. Mohak and Nupur are reportedly fashion designers, while Gomit is a hairstylist and a celebrity makeup artist.
Bollywood Industry always remains in the limelight and for the past few years this industry has been coming to the headlines of newspapers due to the connection with drugs. As we are already on Saturday, 2nd October 2021, Shah Rukh’s elder son Aryan Khan and his two other friends Arbaaz Merchant and Munmun Dhamecha were arrested in the link to the Mumbai cruise drug case. The arrest of Aryan Khan is such a shocking thing for the fans of Shah Rukh Khan. In a serious crackdown against drugs, the Narcotics Control Bureau (NCB) broke up a rave party on the Cordelia Cruise ship.
Who Is Nupur Sarika, Arbaaz Merchant, and others who are apprehended in Mumbai Drug Burst
By profession, Arbaaz Merchant is an actor and also the close friend of Shahrukh Khan’s daughter and son. Merchant is usually spotted partying with Aryan and Suhana. Ever since the news came into the limelight, many pictures portraying the trio partying with popular and Veteran actor Chunky Panday’s daughter and Bollywood actress Ananya Pandey. Previously, there was gossip in the Bollywood industry that Merchant was dating actor Alaya F many years ago.
Nupur Sarika, Mohak Jaswal, and Gomit Chopra who are apprehended are hailed from Delhi, India. Nupur and Mohak are both fashion designers whereas Gomit is a hairstylist and also a celebrity makeup artist. Munmun Dhamesha is a fashion model.
Mumbai Cruise Drug Case
NCB broke up a high-profile drug party which was held at a cruise ship en route from Mumbai to Goa and during the raid NCB seized Hashish, MD, Cocaine, and other drugs. According to the sources, the 2-night rave party aboard the cruise ship reportedly involving celebrities including Aryan Khan was broken by the NCB after an 8-hour long operation. According to the sources, Aryan Khan has been apprehended under section 8C, 27 of Narcotics Drugs and Psychotropic Substances (NDPS), 20B act.
The case of Aryan Khan will be represented by the advocate Satish Maneshinde. Aryan Khan and other suspects are being taken to the Killa Court for a hearing. Adv Advait Sinha has come out for NCB. Sameer Wankhede NCB zonal director also present in the court.