The world is celebrating its first-ever ‘World EV Day’ on September 9. The advancement of technology in the world of electric two-wheelers has made some of the bikes defy conventional wisdom and stand apart for their uniqueness.
World EV Day is a day of celebration of e-mobility and it seeks to raise awareness about the benefits that electric vehicles can provide. This day further highlights the importance of sustainable mobility and electric vehicles for a greener environment.
On the occasion of World EV Day, here’s a list of all the full-electric cars and scooters you can buy in India:
Tata Nexon EV
- Tata shocked the Indian market with the Tata Nexon EV launch, which is now the highest-selling electric car every month.
- The company also rolled out the 1000th Nexon EV from its plant in Pune. This landmark has been achieved in just over 6-months after the commercial launch of the vehicle portraying the rapid growth in both interest and demand for EVs.
- Tata Motors holds a market share of 62 percent in EVs in the first quarter of the financial year 2021.
- The prices start from Rs 13.99 Lakh for the XM variant and going up to Rs 15.99 lakh for the XZ+ Lux variant (all-prices, introductory, ex-showroom).
Hyundai Kona Electric
- Hyundai Motor India launched the Kona Electric in India at Rs 25.30 Lakh. Soon after the GST cut, Hyundai reduced the price to Rs 23.71 Lakh.
- The Kona Electric is the ‘India’s first real electric SUV’ and gets a 39.2 kWh lithium-ion battery that offers peak power of 134.13 bhp and 395 Nm.
- It has a driving range of 452 km on a single charge, the highest in India.
- The car gets 2 free chargers including a wall mount AC charger. You can also charge using the DC fast chargers that will charge the SUV up to 80% in just 54 minutes.
Hero Flash E2
- Hero Electric’s Flash E2 uses a 28 AH (48 V) lithium-ion battery with a 250 W brushless DC (BLDC) electric motor to offer a maximum riding range of 65 km/charge.
- It has a top speed of 25 km/h and the battery takes around five hours to charge completely.
- The scooter comes equipped with a digital instrument panel that offers essential readouts like speed, range, battery charge status, etc.
- Hero Electric Flash E2 also gets an LED headlamp for better illumination and, telescopic suspension for a comfortable ride, and lightweight alloy wheels.
- Okinawa R30 electric scooter uses a 1.25 kWh (48 V) detachable lithium-ion battery along with a 250 W BLDC motor.
- The scooter has a top speed of 25 km/h and can cover up to 60 km on a single charge.
- Okinawa R30 comes with a fully digital instrument console that offers information like speed, range, battery charge status, etc. Along with this, the e-scooter also gets electronic-assisted braking system with regenerative energy.
- Okinawa R30 comes with a 3-year warranty for the motor as well as the LI battery.