To increase people’s awareness about various population issues such as the importance of family planning, gender equality, poverty, maternal health, and human rights, World Population Day is celebrated every year on July 11.
The theme this year is based on safeguarding the health and rights of women and girls around the world especially during the time of the COVID-19 pandemic.
World Population Day was instituted in 1989 as an outgrowth of the Day of Five Billion, marked on July 11, 1987. The UN authorized the event as a vehicle to build an awareness of population issues and the impact they have on development and the environment.
There are several objectives to celebrate World Population Day. The prime objective is to protect and empower youths of both male and female genders about the ill effects of population explosion.
On the occasion of World Population Day, we are sharing quotes, wishes, and sayings to share on the social media:
World Population Day Quotes:
“Every State has the primary duty to protect its own population from grave and sustained violations of human rights, as well as from the consequences of humanitarian crises, whether natural or man-made”– Pope Benedict XVI
“Close to a billion people – one-eighth of the world’s population – still live in hunger. Each year 2 million children die through malnutrition. This is happening at a time when doctors in Britain are warning of the spread of obesity. We are eating too much while others starve” – Jonathan Sacks
“In order to stabilize world population, we must eliminate 350,000 per day”– Jacques Yves Cousteau
“As a woman leader, I thought I brought a different kind of leadership. I was interested in women’s issues, in bringing down the population growth rate… as a woman, I entered politics with an additional dimension – that of a mother”– Benazir Bhutto
“The combination of population growth and the growth in consumption is a danger that we are not prepared for and something we will need global co-operation on”– Maurice Strong
World Population Day Wishes:
- Overcrowding has never helped anyone. Save nature and sustain our planet by controlling the growth of the population. Wish you a very happy World Population Day.
- Raise awareness about the need to decrease the global population on this day. Wish you a very happy World Population Day.
- The world is not a gift from our ancestors but a loan from our children. Save it and create a better world for them. Don’t overpopulate it. Wish you a very happy World Population Day.
- Live bravely and enjoy the beautiful things the world has to offer. Control the population and celebrate this day. Wish you a very happy World Population Day.
- Our mother earth can’t feed so many people. Control the global population for our nature’s sake and celebrate this World Population Day. Best wishes on this World Population Day.
World Population Day Sayings:
- Overpopulation is more dangerous than the atom bomb that will surely burst in the future.
- Birth control is the only solution to population control.
- Our earth is in danger of overpopulation, control the population and save the earth.
- Earth is our home; keep it clean, happy, and less crowded.
- Focus on the population to fight poverty and illiteracy.