The Indian automobile industry is making a procedural shift from internal combustion engine (ICE) to electric vehicles. The Great Wall Motors, the China’s largest SUV maker, has got its Indian show stoppers with Haval and Ora versions of cars. The Great Wall Motors will showcase both of its brands at the upcoming Auto Expo 2020.
Great Wall Motors (GWM) is also China’s largest pickup manufacturer and it owns four brands which include Haval, Wey, Ora and Great Wall Pickup.
GWM is based in Baoding Hebei, around 150km south of Beijing, and is currently looking for a suitable location to set up a manufacturing plant in India.
Reports are in the air that GWM is likely to acquire General Motors’ manufacturing facility in Maharashtra.
Some of Ora R1 features are-
- Ora R1 electric provides a maximum mileage of 351 km through its 35 kilowatt motor on a single charge. Great Wall Motors sells three EVs under ORA brand – R1, R2 and iQ.
- Ora R1 will also come equipped with artificial intelligence features along with connectivity features.
- The top speed of the car will be around 100 kmph.
- The company will provide free servicing for three years or 1.20 lakh kilometers and eight years or 1.50 lakh kilometers.
- The expected price of the car in India will be around $8,680 to $11,293 which translates to ₹6.23 lakh to 8 lakh.
- Some of Ora R1’s rivals would be as follows- Hyundai Kona, Tata Nexon EV, and MG ZS EV.