Xiaomi Redmi 6 Pro was launched alongside other Redmi 6 series phones like the Redmi 6 and Redmi 6A, in India in the month of September last year. At the time of launch, the Redmi 6 Pro was running Android 8.1 Oreo-based MIUI 9.6 software out-of-the-box. And now, the Xiaomi smartphone has received the Android 9 Pie based MIUI 10.3.2 global stable update in India.
A number of bug fixes, improvements and optimisation have been rolled out with the phone’s new update. All the Redmi 6 Pro users can install the software update from Google Play Store starting from today.
Xiaomi India Managing Director Manu Kumar Jain announced the news on Thursday via a tweet. In the tweet Jain said, “Mi fans! #Redmi6Pro now comes with the goodness of pie, @Android 9.0 Pie! Update to the latest version now & experience the finest of MIUI + #Android.”
RT if you like the update.😊
— Manu Kumar Jain (@manukumarjain) June 13, 2019
The MIUI 10.3.2 update brings Android 9 pie operating software and Android Security Patch May 2019 to the Redmi 6 Pro smartphones. The phone was introduced in the market with Android 8.1 Oreo but now after the update, users can enjoy the latest Android 9 Pie on their devices.
The MIUI 10.3.2 Stable ROM V10.3.2.0.PDMMIXM update has solved the issues related to the low battery warning and notification LED light. It has overhauled the Mi Cloud’s start page and resolved the Status bar shortcut and floating notification glitch. Apart from fixes, Redmi 6 Pro has received a new feature that will allow users to restrict opening Notification shade on the Lock screen now.
Additionally, the phone now also supports face unlock system for the added layer of security of apps and the new update brings Android Security Patch to May 2019.
Redmi 6 Pro Android 9 Pie update full Changelog
- Android 9.0 Pie update
- Fix: Sync page couldn’t be refreshed whenever sync was turned on or off in the Notification shade
- Optimization: Updated Android Security Patch to May 2019. Increased system security.
3. Home screen
- Fix: Notification badges were displayed incorrectly on the WhatsApp icon
4. Lock screen, status bar, Notification shade
- Fix: Low battery warning didn’t appear in landscape mode
- Fix: LED light didn’t blink when the battery was low
- New: You can restrict opening Notification shade on the Lock screen now
5. Mi Cloud
- Optimization: We redesigned Mi Cloud’s start page. It looks much better now!
- Fix: Status bar shortcut and floating notification for calls appeared at the same time
- Fix: Ending calls took longer time than expected
To install the new update on the Redmi 6 Pro smartphones, users can head to the Settings option and navigate to System update option available in “About” tab. Ensure connect the smartphone to WiFi network and back up all data before installing the update.