Making yoga as part of your daily routine is one of the key moves to direct yourself to a healthy life. Yoga can help improve your physical and mental health in numerous ways. During the coronavirus pandemic situation, stress is making the lives of common people difficult. Apart from this, work from home or in the office is a problem of exhaustion at both places.
In today’s busy and stressful life, many times those who work do not get proper sleep. If you are also in a desk job, you may complain of body pain with tiredness. So to get rid of stress and body pain, you should practice yoga.
Savasana is typically practiced for 5–10 minutes at the end of asana practice but can be practiced for 20–30 minutes.
However, if you spend only 10 minutes daily doing Savasana, it will give a lot of relief.
How to do Savasana:
- Lie on your back on the yoga mat. If you are doing this in a group, then keep distance from the people around you.
- Do not resort to a pillow or any comfortable thing while in Savasana.
- Close the eyes. Separate both legs separately.
- After completely relax, keep in mind that both the toes of your feet are bent towards the side.
- Your hands are at some distance with the body, keep the palms open upwards.
- Keep at least a 1-foot distance between the two legs.
- Keep breathing slow but deep. Now take full care of your breath.
- Keep in mind that you do not have to sleep while you are in a savasana.
Savasana can be modified by bending the knees, keeping the feet hip-width apart, to allow people with low back pain to recline comfortably. The variation can also be used by practitioners who find it hard to relax when lying flat.
Benefits of Savasana:
Savasana calms your mind and eradicates body fatigue. In high blood pressure, diabetes, stress and heart disease, etc., this yoga is beneficial.
Savasana not only relaxes the body but also takes it to the state of meditation. By doing this, memory, concentration power also increases. If you are extremely tired, Savasana is the safest and fastest way to gain energy.