Alcaniz (Spain), Oct 26 (IANS) Faultless Franco Morbidelli of (Petronas Yamaha SRT) didn’t put a foot wrong to claim his second victory of the year at the Gran Premio Liqui Moly de Teruel.
It was a classy and faultless ride from the Italian on Sunday as he led Team Suzuki Ecstar’s Alex Rins over the line by two seconds, with Joan Mir (Team Suzuki Ecstar) picking up another P3 at MotorLand to extend his Championship lead in yet another dramatic premier class race.
With the win, Morbidelli has moved to fourth in the standings, staying 25 points off the lead. He had won his maiden career MotoGP race at the San Marino GP in September.
The 2020 title race just keeps on twisting and turning and now, 32 points split the top six with three to go. Mir, Quarataro, Vinales, Morbidelli, Dovizioso and Rins will all fancy their chances still heading into two Valencia races and the Portimao finale.
1. Franco Morbidelli (Petronas Yamaha SRT)
2. Alex Rins (Team Suzuki Ecstar) + 2.205
3. Joan Mir (Team Suzuki Ecstar) + 5.376
4. Pol Espargaro (Red Bull KTM Factory Racing) + 10.229
5. Johann Zarco (Esponsorama Racing) + 12.915
6. Miguel Oliveira (Red Bull KTM Tech 3) + 12.953
7. Maverick Vinales (Monster Energy Yamaha MotoGP) + 14.262
8. Fabio Quartararo (Petronas Yamaha SRT) + 14.720
9. Iker Lecuona (Red Bull KTM Tech 3) +17.177
10. Danilo Petrucci (Ducati Team) + 19.519