Without a doubt, Aamir Khan is one of the most versatile actors in the Bollywood industry and is touted as Mr Perfectionist because whatever he does it with utmost perfection. He has gone from playing the chocolate boy in the late 1980s and early 1990s to becoming the good old perfectionist of Bollywood later.
As Mr.Khan celebrates his 55 today, here’s looking at some of the remarkable performances of Aamir Khan on his birthday!
- Rang de Basanti (2006)– Iconic in its storytelling, Rang de Basanti brought together a talented cast, who cast magic on screen. Aamir’s DJ Singh ties the strings and leads the ‘rebels for a cause’ from the front.
- Dil Chahta Hai (2001)- Directed by Farhan Akhtar, this gem of a movie was a trendsetter in many ways. It was not only a tale of friendship and had a realistic portrayal of relations, but also popularized Goa as the ultimate buddy trip destination.
- Taare Zameen Par (2007)– Winner of the 2008 National Film Award for Best Film on Family Welfare, this emotional ride had an eight-year-old kid at its helm. Aamir plays the art teacher, who becomes an anchor for the misunderstood Ishaan to hold on to.
- Ghajini (2008)- A tycoon, suffering from acute short-term memory loss, cannot remember anything beyond fifteen minutes. With a bunch of polaroids and tattoos on his body, he sets out to find his lover’s killer.
- 3 Idiots (2009)- The coming-of-age comedy-drama broke multiple records upon its release. The fun ride saw Aamir take part in another three-friend-bond, but with focus on several other serious topics. It garnered three national awards that year.