Baahubali: The Beginning which stands among the top 10 highest-grossing films in India has completed 5 years of release. It released on July 10, 2015.
The magnum opus directed by SS Rajamouli starred Prabhas, Rana Daggubati, Anushka Shetty, Tamannaah Bhatia, Ramya Krishna, Sathyaraj, Nassar, and Subbaraju in the lead roles.
As Baahubali turns 5, here are lesser-known facts about the magnum opus which released today
- Baahubali: The Beginning entered the Guinness Book Of World Record for making the world’s largest poster for a movie during the film’s Malayalam audio release. The poster was later broken in 2015 by MSG-2 The Messenger.
- The makers of the film, for the Kalakeya clan, created a fictitious language called “KiLiKi”, the first of its kind for an Indian film character, with 748 words and 40 grammar rules.
- The director of the film SS Rajamouli had said that when his father, screenwriter Vijayendra Prasad, narrated the story to him, he was captivated by the character of Sivagami and wanted to make the film on her.
- Baahubali: The Beginning, at the time of its release in 2015, became the highest-grossing film in India, third highest-grossing Indian film worldwide by collecting Rs 650 crore worldwide.
- Prabhas dedicated five years just for the Baahubali series. After he started filming Baahubali: The Beginning he did not sign another film for five years.