England all-rounder Ben Stokes has been ruled out of this season’s Indian Premier League (IPL) following an injury to his finger during the match against Punjab Kings(PBKS), his franchise Rajasthan Royals (RR) confirmed on Tuesday night.
The franchise said that it will name a replacement soon although Stokes will remain with the team to provide inputs off the field to the franchise.
So, here is the list of 6 overseas players that can replace Rajasthan Royals’ all-rounder in IPL 2021
- Alex Hales (England): Hales has a reputation for being a T20 specialist. At the most recent Big Bash League, he finished as the tournament’s leading run-scorer with 543 runs for Sydney Thunder.
- Aaron Finch (Australia): Australia’s white-ball captain is an aggressive top-order batsman but had a forgettable IPL 2020 in the UAE for RCB. But after that, he returned into the form with great ease thanks to his match-winning performances against New Zealand in the recently concluded T20I series.
- Marnus Labuschagne (Australia): Marnus Labuschagne’s brilliant all-around performance propelled Brisbane Heat into its first Bash Finals in four years. In six matches, Labuschagne made 176 runs at a strike rate of 123.07 and picked up 10 wickets at an economy rate of 8.58.
- Devon Conway (New Zealand): The Kiwi left-hand batsman is in sensational form for quite some time in the T20s. Conway has produced a series of brilliant performances against the West Indies, Pakistan, Australia, and Bangladesh. He is the first New Zealand batsman to make five consecutive 50-plus scores in T20 cricket.
- Thisara Perera (Sri Lanka): All-rounder Thisara Perera should be on Rajasthan Royals’ radar as a replacement for Ben Stokes. Perera recently became the first Sri Lankan to hit six sixes in an over in any form of professional cricket during a domestic tournament near Colombo. Perera went unsold at the IPL 2021 auction at a base price of Rs 50 lakh.
- Glenn Phillips (New Zealand): Attacking a right-handed wicket-keeper batsman has been mighty impressive of late. In the recently concluded T20I series between New Zealand and Bangladesh, Phillips was adjudged Man of the Series as a result of his heroics in the middle-order with the bat as well as with the ball. He is the all-rounder that Royals can play their bet on this IPL 2021.