Apart from being an actor, Boman Irani is a voice artist and photographer of Irani descent, who works in Bollywood films. He began his acting career in theatre and moved to films in 2000.
After making his film debut with the 2003 anthology horror film Darna Mana Hai, Irani had his first commercial success with the 2003 comedy Munna Bhai M.B.B.S.
The ‘3 Idiots’ star has confessed that he suffered speech problems. He suffered from dyslexia and wasn’t great at academics too.
On the occasion of Boman Irani’s 60th birthday, here are some lesser-known facts about the veteran actor:
- Boman, who got his share of fame with his role Dr. Asthana from Munnabhai MBBS, was signed for the movie even before it was scripted. In fact, Vidhu Vinod Chopra roped him in for Rs. 2 lakhs.
- He worked as a waiter in Taj Mahal Palace and Tower for 2 years.
- The renowned actor also worked at his ‘farsan shop’ for 12 years
- Boman Irani ventured into acting at the age of 35. He acted in several plays and theatre groups before making it big in Bollywood.
- In Vicky Donor (2012), Anu Kapoor’s role was first offered to Boman Irani but he declined the offer and he told in an interview that he regrets declining the offer.
Wishing Boman Irani a very happy birthday!