Uttar Pradesh Police has recorded the statement of Bollywood singer Kanika Kapoor regarding the social events he attended in the state capital after returning from abroad. According to reports, she was at least 40 questions. While answering these questions, the singer claimed that she is innocent.
Kanika told police that she came back from the UK on March 10 while the advisory to practice self-quarantine was issued on March 18. She was slammed for not practicing it despite returning from abroad amid the outbreak of coronavirus pandemic.
Kanika had attended at least three parties in Lucknow after returning from abroad on March 10. At one of the gatherings, several political leaders – including former Rajasthan chief minister and senior BJP leader Vasundhara Raje and her son Dushyant Singh, were present.
The singer, who was recently discharged from the King George’s Medical University (KGMU) after recovering from coronavirus, has been booked under IPC Section 270 (malignant act likely to spread infection of disease dangerous to life) and Section 269 (negligent act likely to spread infection of disease dangerous to life) of the IPC.
According to Lucknow’s Sarojini Nagar Inspector Anand Shahi, the police is trying to find out details about the parties she attended after returning from the UK.
“Police also took photocopies of Kanika’s passport, air tickets, and other documents. The statement was recorded at Kanika Kapoor’s residence in Mahanagar area,” he said.
Some of the important questions faced by Kanika Kapoor:
- Which countries did she visit and for how many days?
- Did she find coronavirus symptoms while staying abroad?
- Whether she was screened at Mumbai Airport after flying back to India?
- Did she use any antibiotic to lower the body temperature during screening?
- Was she quizzed at Lucknow airport?
- Details about the parties she attended.
- Who all were invited to parties?
- Who all came in contact with her during her stay in Lucknow?
- For how many days she stayed in Hotel Taj?
- When did she first find the symptoms of coronavirus?