Counter-Strike 2: After much anticipation, Counter-Strike 2 is now available to the general public. After teasing the highly anticipated first-person shooter game last week, Valve has finally released it for everyone. The new game is meant to replace Counter-Strike: Global Offensive (CS:GO), a popular tactical first-person shooter game that has been around for a decade. It uses Valve’s latest Source 2 engine, which introduces a slew of refinements. The best thing is that it is available to all CS:GO gamers as a free update.
Where Can I Find Counter-Strike 2 to Download?
As was previously mentioned, CS:GO has been replaced by Counter-Strike 2. This implies that if you have CS:GO installed on your PC, you will see a change in the name of the game in your Steam library to Counter-Strike 2. You can skip forward by going to the library’s page and clicking the Install option there.
In order to obtain Counter-Strike 2, new users need to visit the product page or conduct a search for “Counter-Strike 2” within the Steam client. The approximate size of the download for the game is 28 GB. It’s free to play, however there are optional microtransactions for cosmetic items like new skins, similar to CS:GO. Your CS:GO items will be automatically transferred to Counter-Strike 2 at no cost to you.
System Requirements for Counter-Strike: Source
Steam lists the following specifications as the bare minimum for running Counter-Strike 2:
- Operating System: Windows 10
- Processor with at least 4 hardware CPU threads and an Intel® CoreTM i5 750
- Data Storage: 8 GB RAM
- Graphics: A 1 GB or higher video card that is DirectX 11 compatible and supports the Shader Model 5.0 is required.
- DirectX Eleven
- 85 GB of storage space is available.
There has been no formal announcement regarding the availability of Counter-Strike 2 for macOS. Earlier today, a listing for the game was discovered on Steam for macOS, but it turned out to be a mistake on Valve’s part. Because of this, it is no longer available for purchase.
Updates to Counter-Strike 2
The technological advancements in Counter-Strike 2 are the most significant in the series’ history, according to Steam. Counter-Strike: Source has physically-based graphics, cutting-edge networking, and improved Community Workshop capabilities, and is built on the Source 2 engine.
These are the new features of the title:
- There is a brand-new CS ranking system that will determine where you stand on both the global and regional leaderboards.
- Smoke grenades will respond to external stimuli including fire, explosions, and gunshots.
- No longer will movement, firing, or throwing be affected by tick rate.
- The maps have been completely redone and are now much clearer and brighter. They’ll look more lifelike thanks to improved textures, lighting, and reflections.
- The use of high-resolution models and Source 2 lighting will improve the visual quality of all game skins.
- Improvements to Visual Effects, User Interface, and Audio Accuracy Will Raise the Bar for Your Gaming Experience