The official notification has been released for Central Teacher Eligibility Test (CTET) 2020 by the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) on Thursday, January 23, 2020 on its official website, ctet.nic.in.
As per the notification released by CBSE, the CTET 2020 exam will be conducted on July 5, 2020, at various examination centres spread across the country.
The Information Bulletin includes details of examination, syllabus, eligibility criteria, examination fee, examination cities, and some important dates. Interested aspirants will be able to apply online by visiting the website of CTET at www.ctet.nic.in.
The online application process will begin on January 24, 2020, and the last date is February 24, 2020. However, the applicants can make a payment of the application form till February 27, 2020, until 3: 30 PM.
The CTET exam has two papers-
- Paper I- For those interested in teaching classes 1 to 5.
- Paper II- For those who wish to teach classes 6 to 8.
In case any of them wants to teach both levels, they will have to sit for both paper I and II.
Eligibility for CTET 2020
Candidates who have qualified their Class 12 or equivalent with minimum 50% and has completed or is in the final year of
- 2- year Diploma in Elementary Education (by whatever name known), in accordance with the NCTE (Recognition Norms and Procedure), Regulations, 2002.
- 4- year Bachelor of Elementary Education (B.EI.Ed).
- 2- year Diploma in Education (Special Education)*.
Candidates who have completed B.Ed are also eligible to apply for the Elementary teacher or Classes 1 to 5 provided, they complete a 6-month course in elementary education.
CTET July 2020: Important Dates
|Release of CTET Notification 2020||24 January 2020|
|Start of CTET Registration 2020||24 January 2020|
|Last Date of CTET July 2020 Registration||24 February 2020|
|Last Date to pay CTET Application Fee||27 February 2020|
|Online Correction of CTET Form||17 March – 24 March 2020|
|Release of CTET Admit Card||June 2020|
|CTET Exam Date||5 July 2020|
How to apply for CTET Application Process 2020
- Step 1: Visit the website at ctet.nic.in
- Step 2: Click on CTET 2020 registration link
- Step 3: Key your required details to get your CTET 2020 Registration Number
- Step 4: Now, apply by filling the details such as educational qualification, work experience, personal details and other
- Step 5: Candidates have to upload scanned images of the picture and signature
- Step 6: Pay CTET exam fee as per stated
- Step 7: Submit and save the confirmation page for future reference
Application fee for CTET 2020 exam
|Paper I or Paper II||Rs 700||Rs 350|
|Paper I and Paper II||Rs 1200||Rs 600|