Delhi Capitals, who changed their name from Delhi Daredevils, will be led by Shreyas Iyer. Delhi Capitals are the only team so far that has not made it to the Indian Premier League (IPL) final. They have local player Shikhar Dhawan back in their side who featured for them in 2008 back in the squad. The franchise will be led by Shreyas Iyer, who took over from Gautam Gambhir in the middle of last season.
DC team for IPL 2019:
Here is the full list of players bought by Delhi Capitals:
- Hanuma Vihari (base price 50 lakh)- Rs 2 crore
- Axar Patel (base price 1 crore)- Rs 5 crore
- Ishant Sharma (base price 75 lakh) Rs 1.10 crore
- Ankush Bains (base price 20 lakh)- Rs 20 lakh
- Nathu Singh (base price 20 lakh)- Rs 20 lakh
- Colin Ingram (base price 2 crore)- Rs 6.40 crore
- Sherfane Rutherford (base price 40 lakh)- Rs 2 crore
- Keemo Paul (base price 50 lakh)- 50 lakh
- Jalaj Saxena (base price 20 lakh)- Rs 20 lakh
- Bandaru Ayyappa (base price 20 lakh)- Rs 20 lakh
Players Retained: Shreyas Iyer, Rishabh Pant, Prithvi Shaw, Amit Mishra, Avesh Khan, Harshal Patel, Rahul Tewatia, Jayant Yadav, Manjot Kalra, Colin Munro, Chris Morris, Kagiso Rabada, Sandeep Lamichhane, Trent Boult.
Players Released: Gautam Gambhir, Jason Roy, Junior Dala, Liam Plunkett, Mohammed Shami, Sayan Ghosh, Daniel Christian, Glenn Maxwell, Gurkeerat Singh Mann, Naman Ojha.
Amount spent- Rs 17.8 crore