GATE 2021: The Indian Institute of Technology, Bombay has extended the online registration process for Graduate Aptitude Test for Engineering (GATE 2021) till October 7, 2020. Interested and eligible candidates can register for the GATE 2021 examination online at appsgate.iitb.ac.in.
Previously, the online application process was supposed to conclude on September 30, 2020.
GATE 2021: Documents required while filling the application form
- Personal information: name, date of birth, mobile no, parent’s name, parent’s mobile no, etc.
- Address for communication, including pin code
- Eligibility degree details
- College name and address with PIN code
- GATE paper (subject)
- Choice of GATE examination cities
- Scanned copy of reservation certificate (if applied)
- Scanned copy disability certificate (if applied)
- Scanned photograph and signatures
- Scanned copy of degrees
Steps to apply for GATE 2021:
- Go to the official at gate.iitb.ac.in
- On the homepage, click on the link that says, “GATE Online Application Portal is live. Click here to Apply”
- Go to ‘register here’ at the end of the new web page and fill in your details
- Sign-in using your register id
- Fill in the Online Application Form and note down Registration No./Application No
- Upload scanned images of your latest photograph and signatures
- Pay application fee
The GATE 2021 entrance exam will be held on February 5,6, 7,12,13 and 14, 2021, at various centres spread across the country. The examination will be conducted in two shifts (forenoon and afternoon). The results of the entrance exam would be declared on March 22, 2021.
Candidates belonging to the general category need to pay an application form fee of Rs 1500, whereas the reserved category along with female candidates has to pay Rs 750 as a registration fee.
For further details, candidates are recommended to read the information brochure.