Happy birthday AR Rahman: A very well known and famous music legend, Allah Rakha Rahman will be celebrating his 55th birthday on 6th of January, 2022.
Famous and much loved for his unforgettable music composition, Rahman began his career with the Tamil film Roja. Since then, he never backed-off and gave his immense contribution to the music industry besides creating some of the best soundtracks.
Not just this, but he also is an Oscar and a Grammy winning music composer and singer.
At the initial stages, he composed music for different documentaries and jingle for ads and Indian television channels. Later, in the year 1992, Rahman made his debut in the music industry as a composer with Mani Ratnam’s ‘Roja’ and shot to instant fame.
He is also skilled in different music styles like Carnatic, Western, Hindustani classical and the Qawwali style and so is famous for songs that combine and include different genres and instruments in an improvised manner.
As legendary music composer and singer AR Rahman turns 54, take a look at some of the lesser-known facts about the academy award winning musical genius.
- AR Rahman or Allahrakha Rahman is not is actual name. AR Rahman’s birth name was AS Dileep Kumar.
- In November 2013, a street in Markham, Ontario, Canada was named after him.
- Besides winning two Academy Awards for Slumdog Millionaire, AR Rahman was once again nominated for Oscars for his 2011 film 127 Hours.
- AR Rahman had revealed that the composition of the song Hai Rama from Rangeela was inspired by the background score in a romantic sequence in 1960 classic Mughal-e-Azam.
- AR Rahman composed a special song for the India release of the highest grossing film of all time, Avengers: Endgame. The was released in the presence of Avengers: Endgame co-director Joe Russo, who was in India to promote the film.
Happy birthday AR Rahman: Best songs of the legendary singer:
- Tu Hi Re (Bombay)
2. Ye Jo Desh Hai Tera (Swades)
3. Tere Bina (Guru)
4. Dil Se Re (Dil Se)
5. Kun Faya Kun (Rockstar)
Rahman has also been honored with four National Awards, two Academy Awards, two Grammy Awards, BAFTA Awards, a Golden Globe and 15 Filmfare Awards.
He has given melodious tracks to Bollywood movies like ‘Bombay’, ‘Dil Se’, ‘Taal’, ‘Saathiya’, ‘Guru’, ‘Jodhaa Akbar’, ‘Slumdog Millionaire’ and many more.
We wish him great luck, love and a very happy birthday AR Rahman!