Remo D’Souza aka Ramesh Gopi is a celebrated choreographer and now a director in Bollywood. He has choreographed many record-breaking songs in Bollywood such as Sun Saathiya, Deewani Mastani, Ghar More Pardesiya, The Disco Song, Badtameez Dil, and many others.
He has judged many reality shows like Dance India Dance, Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa and Dance Plus.
Stepping foot in direction, he has directed movies like ‘F.A.L.T.U’, ‘ABCD 3D’, ‘ABCD 2’, ‘Flying Jatt’, ‘Race 3’ and an upcoming movie ‘Street Dancer’.
The choreographer will turn a year older on April 2. On the occasion of Remo D’souza’s birthday, here are some fun-facts about him:
- Remo D’souza got his first break in bollywood as a background dancer in the film ‘Rangeela’ – 1995 and made his debut as a director with the film ‘F.A.L.T.U’ in 2011.
- He hails from Olavakkode, Palakkad, Kerala, where he was born to Gopi and Madhaviyamma Nair. He has an elder brother, Ganesh Gopi, and 3 younger sisters.
- During his childhood, Remo Dsouza was interested in sports. he was a champion in the 100-meter sprint.
- He was about to get black belt in karate. During that he came to know about Micheal Jackson. Since then he used to practice dance steps by watching Michael Jackson’s moves regularly.
- After completing his schooling in Gujarat. Remo D’souza moved in Mumbai in search for dancing career then he opened dance class called super brats at Charni road, with only four students initially. In struggling days, he used to sleep at Bandra station.
- Salman Yusuff Khan won the dance reality show ‘Dance India Dance (Season 1)’. He was seen in the title track of ‘Wanted’. He also was a choreographer in Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa (Season 4 and 5). As promised by Remo D’Souza, Salman Yusuff Khan was blessed with great opportunity to start his career in Bollywood with his debut movie ABCD: Anybody Can Dance.
- After choreographing songs in more than 100 films in last eight years, Remo turned director with Bengali film Lal Paharer Katha (a story of the red hills), which is being screened at the Dubai International Film Festival.Made on a budget of 1.5 crore, Remo’s wife Lizelle D’Souza has produced the film.
- The film stars Mithun Chakraborty in a lead role and revolves around Chhau, a tribal dance form of Orissa and West Bengal.