Tapsee Pannu, the Indian actor who is known for her promising and out of the box roles blow her birthday candles on August 1. Known for giving befitting replies, Taapsee Pannu has turned out to be one of the most unconventional actors of the Bollywood industry. She has been known for her powerful roles in Bollywood in movies like Pink, Ghazi Attack, and Naam Shabana.
The Diva has four movies lined up, the murder mystery Haseen Dillruba opposite Vikrant Massey, the athletic drama Rashmi Rocket opposite Aparshakti Khurana, the sports biopic Shabaash Mithu as cricketer Mithali Raj and Tahir Raj Bhasin’s drama film Looop Lapeta.
The actor who is juggling between Bollywood and South films, is also known for her fashion. Taapsee is one of the hottest and stunning divas that we have in the industry today. The award-winning actor makes headlines for being a style icon and fashion inspiration for many.
View this post on Instagram
Taapsee Pannu’s journey from Tollywood to Bollywood has been a laborious one. Here’ a journey:
- Taapsee Pannu, the gorgeous Indian model, beauty queen and actress had a long and rough road on the way to her current success and fame.
- Pannu participated at Femina Miss India 2008 pageant at the age of 20 and even though she did not win the national pageant she bagged two important subtitles ‘Femina Miss Fresh Face’ and ‘Femina Miss Beautiful Skin’ at the 2008 contest.
- Post her stint at the national pageant she went back to modeling which she initially wanted to pursue full time, but later lost interest in modeling as she did not receive the recognition she wished for and finally decided to become an actor.
- Taapsee who had no God Father in the film industry, auditioned and was selected for Channel V’s talent show Get Gorgeous, which eventually led her to acting and from there she had no turning back. She still struggled with countless rejection from filmmakers and then went ahead and made her acting debut with the Telugu film Jhummandi Naadam in 2010 and later in 2013 made her Bollywood debut with the successful comedy Chashme Baddoor which was a remake of the 1981 film with the same title, alongside Siddharth, Rishi Kapoor, Divyendu Sharma and Ali Zafar.
- The actor went on to star in several commercially successful Bollywood movies, including the courtroom drama Pink, her extraordinary performance garnered a lot of positive reviews from the critics and was also nominated for the Zee Cine Award for Best Actress.
- Later she was nominated for her second consecutive Filmfare Critics Best Actress Award and won both the Filmfare Critics Award for Best Actress and the Screen Award for Best Actress (Critics) for portraying the septuagenarian sharpshooter Prakashi Tomar in the biopic Saand Ki Aankh (2019). She was last seen in Anubhav Sinha’s female-oriented drama Thappad (2020), which was received with much love by the audience.