Zeenat Aman is one of those great heroines of Bollywood who is known for its glamour and excellent acting skills. Today is her birthday and that’s why we are talking about her. She was born on November 19, 1951 in Germany, and turns 70 today.
Her appearance has changed the whole avatar of Indian cinema and we all have seen that. Zeenat Aman is one of the most popular actresses of yesteryear. She was considered to be the sexiest actress of 70s and ruled the Bollywood as a sex symbol for several years. Her western look has given her a distinctive identity in the Bollywood industry.
Zeenat has worked in many of the super hit films like Satyam Shivam Sundaram, Don, Qurbani, Roti Kapada Makan, Dostana, Hare Rama Hare Krishna, and Yaadon Ki Baaraat.
Undoubtedly, she is popularly known as the ‘glamour icon of Bollywood’ but her life wasn’t that glamour like she was. There have been many ups and downs in real life.
On her special day, let’s take a look at some of the lesser known facts of the yesteryear diva:
- Zeenat Aman’s father Amanullah Khan was a scriptwriter in the film industry. He has written as a supporting script in films like ‘Mughal-e-Azam’ and ‘Pakiza’.
- Zeenat was 13 when his father died. After which Zeenat added the word Aman to his name.
- Zeenat left Germany at the age of 18 and came to India. Here he started his career as a journalist. After which he stepped into the film industry. Zeenat Aman is the cousin of actor Raza Murad.
- Zeenat made her Bollywood debut with the film Hustle but this film flopped.
- After which Zeenat got Dev Anand’s film Hare Rama Hare Krishna. In which he played Dev Sahab’s sister. With this film Zeenat introduced hippie culture in the film industry. The song Dum Maro Dum was filmed on him in the film was a super hit. Which is still easily heard today.
- Zeenat became one of the top actresses in the film industry due to the film Yaadon Ki Baaraat.
- Zeenat did films with all the big stars of that era, Amitabh Bachchan, Rajesh Khanna, Vinod Khanna, Dev Anand and Jitendra.
- Zeenat Khan married Mazhar Khan in 1985 but her husband died in 1998.
- Zeenat’s name is also associated with many actors like Feroz Khan, Imran Khan and Sanjay Khan.
- It is said that Zeenat had also married Sanjay Khan, but during a party, Sanjay Khan beat her badly. After which their relationship broke up.