Independence Day in India is a national event that commemorates the freedom of the country from British rule on August 15, 1947. Every year on this day, Prime Minister of India hoist tricolour at the Red Fort in Old Delhi and receives a grand salute from the guard of honour at his arrival.
The fever of Independence Day can be seen on every nooks and crannies of India. It is celebrated by people belongs to different castes, religion, colour, language with the feeling of brotherhood. Sending patriotic messages on the day is also the part of Independence Day celebration.
As the COVID-19 situation prevails in India, the celebrations will take place according to the necessary guidelines provided by the center. However, don’t let the coronavirus pandemic butcher your spirits of patriotism.
Here are some patriotic quotes and wishes to send to your friends and family on social media:
Independence Day Quotes
- “Freedom is not worth having if it does not connote freedom to err.” – Mahatma Gandhi
- “You give me your blood and I will give you Independence!” – Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose
- “A country’s greatness lies in its undying ideals of love and sacrifice that inspire the mothers of the race” – Sarojini Naidu
- “We have believed, and we do believe now that freedom is indivisible, that peace is indivisible, that economic prosperity is indivisible.” – Indira Gandhi
- “Ask not what your country can do for you. Ask what you can do for your country.” – Jawaharlal Nehru
- May the sun in his course visit no land more free, more happy, more lovely, than this our country!” – Sardar Bhagat Singh
Independence Day Wishes
- A lot of people laid their lives to make this country better. We should respect that and not do anything that will drag the name of the country into the mud. It is our collective responsibility to make this country better than the previous years. Happy Independence Day!
- Freedom is priceless; you can never buy it anywhere. Remember that the freedom you enjoy now was as a result of all the fights, hustles, and struggles of many of our lost soldiers. Let us remember them and pray for their souls during this Independence Day. Happy Independence day
- It makes my heart beat with pride, to see the colors of Independence Day spreading happiness and great joys all around. May the glory of Independence Day Be with you and your loved ones forever.
- Happy Independence day! We must remain free in our minds, let our faith show in disposition and words, remain proud of the country that we stand for, and do all we can to make the country better for all of us. Let’s doff our hats in salutation to the country on its birthday.
- On this glorious Day, take time out to be reflective of how truly precious this gift is. Always remember the sweat and sacrifice made by our heroes who have made this day a reality. Happy Independence Day