The International Cricket Council announced the list of award winners for 2018 among men and women cricketers on January 22. ICC also announced the ODI and Test teams of the year 2018.
Out of a total of 13 awards, Indian cricketers dominated the awards by winning 7 out of them. Indian men’s skipper Virat Kohli creates history by winning all of the three most prestigious awards of the year. In 2018, Virat Kohli played 37 matches, 47 innings in which he scored 2,735 runs at an average of 68.37 with the help of 11 centuries, 9 fifties.
Rishabh Pant also enters the list as the emerging player of the year. Besides men cricket team, Indian women team cricketer Smriti Mandhana also bagged two awards which are Rachael Heyhoe-Flint Award and women’s ODI cricketer of the year award.
India’s U-19 team captained by Prithvi Shaw won the U-19 cricket world cup and created history by winning it for the fourth time and ICC selected the world cup winning moment of India U-19 team as the ICC fan’s moment of the year award.
ICC Men’s Cricketer of the Year ✅
ICC Men’s Test Cricketer of the Year ✅
ICC Men’s ODI Cricketer of the Year ✅
Captain of ICC Test Team of the Year ✅
Captain of ICC Men’s ODI Team of the Year ✅
— ICC (@ICC) January 22, 2019
ICC Awards 2018: Full list of award winners:
- Sir Garfield Sobers Trophy for ICC Men’s Cricketer of the Year: Virat Kohli (India)
- Rachael Heyhoe-Flint Award for ICC Women’s Cricketer of the Year 2018: Smriti Mandhana (India)
- David Shepherd Trophy for ICC Umpire of the Year: Kumar Dharmasena (Sri Lanka)
- ICC Test Player of the Year: Virat Kohli (India)
- ICC Men’s ODI Player of the Year: Virat Kohli (India)
- ICC Men’s Emerging Player of the Year: Rishabh Pant (India)
- ICC Associate and Affiliate Cricketer of the Year: Calum Macleod (Scotland)
- ICC Spirit of Cricket Award: Kane Williamson (New Zealand)
- ICC Men’s T20I Performance of the Year: Aaron Finch (Australia)
- ICC Fan’s Moment of the Year: India lift the ICC U19 Cricket World Cup
- ICC Women’s T20I Cricketer of the Year 2018: Alyssa Healy (Australia)
- ICC Women’s Emerging Cricketer of the Year 2018: Sophie Ecclestone (England)
- ICC Women’s ODI Cricketer of the Year 2018: Smriti Mandhana (India)
ICC Men’s Team for the Year 2018: (ODI and Test)
ICC Men’s Test Team of the Year
ICC Men’s ODI Team of the Year
|1.||Tom Latham (New Zealand)||Rohit Sharma (India)|
|2.||Dimuth Karunaratne (Sri Lanka)||Jonny Bairstow (England)|
|3.||Kane Williamson (New Zealand)||Virat Kohli (India) (capt)|
|4.||Virat Kohli (India) (capt)||Joe Root (England)|
|5.||Henry Nicholls (New Zealand)||Ross Taylor (New Zealand)|
|6.||Rishabh Pant (India) (wk)||Jos Buttler (England) (wk)|
|7.||Jason Holder (Windies)||Ben Stokes (England)|
|8.||Kagiso Rabada (South Africa)||Mustafizur Rahman (Bangladesh)|
|9.||Nathan Lyon (Australia)||Rashid Khan (Afghanistan)|
|10.||Jasprit Bumrah (India)||Kuldeep Yadav (India)|
|11.||Mohammad Abbas (Pakistan)||Jasprit Bumrah (India)|
Panel which made the selection: Javed Hamid Kakar, Emal Pasarly (Afghanistan); Lisa Sthalekar, Andrew Wu, Mike Hussey (Australia); Utpal Shuvro, M. Farid Ahmed, Athar Ali Khan (Bangladesh); Julian Guyer, Lawrence Booth, Nasser Hussain (England); Deep Dasgupta, Sunandan Lele, Jasvinder Sidhu (India); Ian Callendar, Barry Chambers (Ireland); Mark Geenty, Ian Smith (New Zealand); Peter Borren (Netherlands); Ramiz Raja, Abdul Mohi Shah, Mazhar Arshad, Bazid Khan (Pakistan); Shaun Pollock, Neil Manthorp, Firdose Moonda (South Africa); Saroj Pathirana, Russel Arnold, Rex Clementine (Sri Lanka); Peter Della Penna (USA), Ian Bishop, Barry Wilkinson, Vinode Mamchan (West Indies); Trisan Holme, Mehluli Sibanda, Mpumelelo Mbangwa (Zimbabwe).