Important cases listed in the Supreme Court on Wednesday, September 28:
* SC constitution bench to hear a batch of pleas challenging Centre’s 2016 decision to demonetise currency notes of denomination of Rs 500 and Rs 1000.
* SC constitution bench to hear a plea related to pre-enrolment examination prescribed by the Bar Council of India for lawyers. *SC to hear a plea of BJP leader Hardik Patel in criminal cases.
* SC to hear a plea related to felling of trees in Mumbai’s Aarey forest for construction of a Metro car shed.
* SC to hear a plea of an owner against decision to demolish his bar and restaurant in Goa where BJP leader Sonali Phogat was allegedly drugged.
* SC to hear a plea of sacked IPS officer Satish Chandra Verma who had a role in the Ishrat Jahan encounter case.
* SC to hear a plea of Animal Welfare Board against those supporting elimination of stray dogs.