iOS 17 in India: As of today, September 18th, Apple has released iOS 17 for iPhones. This revision, which has been in beta for some time, was announced at WWDC 2023 in June. Apple has finished the rigorous testing required before releasing its newest operating system to the public. Standby Mode and Name Drop are only two of its many functions.
iOS 17 India launch
While the Cupertino giant hasn’t given an exact time for the iOS 17 update in India, it should arrive around 10 PM today or early tomorrow morning, in line with California’s time zone.
iOS 17 supported iPhones
- iPhone 14
- iPhone 14 Plus
- iPhone 14 Pro
- iPhone 14 Pro Max
- iPhone 13
- iPhone 13 mini
- iPhone 13 Pro
- iPhone 13 Pro Max
- iPhone 12
- iPhone 12 mini
- iPhone 12 Pro
- iPhone 12 Pro Max
- iPhone 11
- iPhone 11 Pro
- iPhone 11 Pro Max
- iPhone XS
- iPhone XS Max
- iPhone XR
- iPhone SE (2nd gen or later)
Checking Your iPhone for iOS 17
If you haven’t received a notification from Apple regarding a new iOS update, you can check for it yourself in Settings > General > Software Update.
iOS 17 New Features
- StandBy mode is a new function for the iPhone that enters it into a low-power state while still allowing you to receive notifications such as calls, messages, and alarms.
- You can alter the look of your profile to contact posters on other iPhones. Select a self-representational image (picture, video, or Memoji) and write a brief introduction.
- Real-time voicemail transcription allows you to read and respond to voicemails via text.
- Modify Siri’s voice to sound like you by selecting from a variety of voices, accents, pitch, and speed controls.
- Download Apple Maps to use without an internet connection with offline use.
- Password sharing: iCloud Keychain allows you to safely share your passwords with other iPhone users.
- Protect your privacy and security by setting up automatic deletion of two-factor authentication codes sent through the Messages app.
- Widgets that can be interacted with without opening the app are called “interactive widgets.” Widgets allow you to do things like play/pause music, set timers, and view your calendar with ease.
- Stickers and a revamped user interface for iMessages: The Messages app has been updated with a new look and now lets you make and send your own stickers.
- Protect your eyes by monitoring how much time you spend in front of a device and setting reminders to take breaks.