Famous for his satire, Jaspal Singh Bhatti shot to national fame with the hit TV serial Flop Show, Jaspal Bhatti was born on March 3, 1955, in Punjab’s Amritsar.
Today we remember the great comedian on his 64th birth anniversary.
Here is a brief chronological timeline of one of the all time great in the Indian comedy scene
- Bhatti was born on 3 March 1955 in Amritsar, Punjab
- Bhatti was a graduate in electrical engineering from PEC, Chandigarh. He was well-known in college for his street plays like Nonsense Club.
- Before entering into the hearts of via the television Bhatti became a cartoonist for the Tribune newspaper, Chandigarh. In 1990s, he established home-made comedy on Doordarshan, the Hindi TV channel and became quite famous for his comedy acting.
- Actor-Director Bhatti came into limelight with Ulta Pulta and Nonsense. Bhatti has also acted in some of the top Bollywood movies like Fanaa, Hamara Dil Aapke Paas Hai
- He also appeared as a judge in the SAB TV’s Comedy show “Comedy ka King Kaun”.
- Bhatti competed “Nach Baliya”, the Star Plus TV show with his wife and left no moment of entertaining the audiance.
- On 25th October 2012, Jaspal Bhatti died in a car accident. The car in which he was traveling hit a roadside tree near Shahkot, Nakodar area of the district at around 3 am. He was driving from Bhatinda to Jalandhar for the promotion of his film, “Power Cut” along with his son Jasraj Bhatti and actress Surilie Gautam. Jaspal Bhatti was rushed to a private hospital in Jalandhar where he was declared “brought dead” on arrival by the doctors.
- His Low-budget TV program “Flop Show” is remembered even today
- In 2013, the government of India awarded him with the prestigious Padma Bhushan award.
Jaspal Bhatti will be remain immortal in the souls of all his fans. His sense of humour, which not only made us laugh but also exposed critical every day issues will always keep him alive in everyone’s memory.