Jharkhand Government has launched Sahayata mobile app to help the migrant labourers stranded outside different states of the country. Each worker will get Rs 2000 for maintenance. Jharkhand Chief Minister’s Special Assistance scheme has intensified efforts to provide financial assistance to the labourers of Jharkhand stranded in various states due to countrywide lock down through mobile app.
Chief Minister Hemant Soren launched the Jharkhand Special Assistance Scheme mobile app on Thursday. Speaking on the occasion, the chief minister said that the state government is trying to reach out to the migrant labourers. Within a week, the government would provide financial assistance to all such workers stranded in different states of the country.
The amount will be transferred directly to the bank account of migrant labourers through Direct Benefit Transfer.
Hemant Soren said that an assistance of at least one thousand rupees will be provided to all the labourers. The chief minister said that though the Jharkhand government has been working with commitment on precautionary preparedness and rescue operations with its limited resources since the early days of the infection spread of coronavirus (Covid-19).
The Chief Minister expressed confidence that this mobile app will be a milestone for migrant labourers. The mobile app will also be used by workers who do not have smartphones. Even if there is one smartphone in the group, all the people in the group can register. It is a very easy and simple one.
Highlights of the Jharkhand Sahayata app
- The app can be downloaded by visiting covid19help.jharkhand.gov.in
- Required documents for (Jharkhand Sahayata App)
- Beneficiary Aadhaar Card Copy
- Bank account in the name of the beneficiary which is in the branch of a bank located in the state of Jharkhand.
Other important things for Jharkhand Sahayata App
- The photo of the beneficiary (selfie is also fine) will be matched to the photo of the Aadhaar database. Make sure the photo of the Aadhaar should be clear.
- The OTP received on the mobile number has to be done on the mobile app. Money will be sent to the bank account only.
- There will be only one registration on an Aadhaar number.
The mobile app will also help in creating a database of migrant workers
Chief Minister Hemant Soren said that the state Government aims to provide financial assistance to migrant labourers of the state within a week through this app.