Ten armed men raided the high-security Nabha Jail in Punjab – rained bullets at security guards – and managed to free Khalistan Liberation Force (KLO) chief Harminder Singh Mintoo and four others on Sunday morning.
The incident took place around 9 am and the attackers came in police uniforms.
Dreaded Khalistan Liberation Force (KLF) chief Harminder Singh Mintoo was arrested by Punjab police from Delhi’s IGI airport in November 2014.
Who is Harminder Singh Mintoo?
– 47-year old pro-Khalistani militant and former BKI member
– Wanted in 10 terror-related cases, including the 2008 attack on Sirsa-based Dera Sacha Sauda chief Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh
– He had defected from Wadhawa Singh-led Babbar Khalsa International (BKI) to take over its splinter outfit KLF in 2009.
– Made Thailand his base; routinely Moved to Pakistan
– Took training with ISI commanders
– Wanted for plotting killings of three Punjab Shiv Sena leaders
– Also planted IEDs at Halwara Air Force station near Ludhiana in 2010