Malala Yousafzai, youngest Nobel laureate is an inspiration as her will power and moving quotes to educate girl child has encouraged a lot of people. July 12 is dedicated by United Nation as Malala Day which is her birthday.
The day is to honor her remarkable contributions to female education since her early teens. Malala continues to work to ensure that every girl around the world can go to school and study.
Malala used to campaign for girls education in her home region Swat, Pakistan since a tender age. Te youngest activist was however shot in her head by the Taliban when she was 15 for standing up on her beliefs. But that was just the start, she recovered from the shooting and began to work for the girl’s education in her hometown and each places possible in the world. She gained international attention and became a global icon.
As we celebrate Malala Day 2019, let us look at some of her quotes that are encouraging millions across the globe
- “I tell my story, not because it is unique, but because it is not. It is the story of many girls.”
- “Kindness can only be repaid with kindness. It can’t be repaid with expressions like ‘thank you’ and then forgotten.”
- “With guns you can kill terrorists, with education you can kill terrorism.”
- “I raise up my voice — not so I can shout but so that those without a voice can be heard. We cannot succeed when half of us are held back.”
- “Education is education. We should learn everything and then choose which path to follow.” Education is neither Eastern nor Western, it is human.”
- “Once I had asked God for one or two extra inches in height, but instead he made me as tall as the sky, so high that I could not measure myself.”
- “We were scared, but our fear was not as strong as our courage.”
- “When someone takes away your pens you realize quite how important education is.”