Nissan Magnite SUV’s production model was finally unveiled in India today. With the Japanese manufacturer definitely needing a strong volume seller for the betterment of the future, the Magnite holds all the significance as it will step into the highly competitive compact SUV segment when it goes on sale.
The Magnite is the first made-in-India SUV to feature wireless Apple CarPlay and Android Auto connectivity and is also the first production Nissan model to be fitted with the brand’s new logo. Another segment-first feature is the around view camera (360-degree camera) for easier parking in tight spaces. Moreover, it is claimed to have the segment-best rear legroom.
The Nissan Magnite’s price in India ought to start somewhere around Rs 6.2 lakh (ex-showroom).
Nissan Magnite features
- Seven-inch TFT instrument cluster
- Eight-inch touchscreen
- Android Auto and Apple CarPlay support
- Six speakers
- First-in-segment Around View Monitor
- Driving Eco function
- Tyre pressure monitoring system
- Welcome animation when ignition is turned on
- Multi-function steering wheel
- Dual airbags
- Anti-lock braking system (ABS) with Electronic Brakeforce Distribution (EBD)
- Vehicle Dynamics Control
- Hill Start Assist
- Traction Control
- Anti-roll bar
Nissan Magnite Specifications (expected):
- The upcoming Nissan Magnite will be based on the Renault-Nissan Alliance’s CMF-A+ modular platform, which also underpins the Renault Triber MPV. The same platform will also be shared by the Renault HBC SUV, which is currently under works.
- The Nissan Magnite will get a hexagonal grille with pair of sleeking looking projector headlamps, L-shaped LED DRLs, bold character lines on the bonnet, beefy wheel arches, ORVMs with LED side indicators, roof rails, dual-tone roof, sporty dual-tone alloy wheels, LED split taillamps, blacked body claddings, faux skid plate and more.
- The SUV will also get enhanced connectivity and comfort features such as an 8-inch touchscreen infotainment system with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto, 360-degree parking camera, climate control system, sunroof, semi-digital instrument cluster, steering mounted controls and more.
- Apart from the recently launched Kia Sonet, the all-new Nissan Magnite SUV will take on the likes of the Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza, Ford EcoSport, Hyundai Venue, Toyota Urban Cruiser and the Tata Nexon. It will also take on Renault’s HBC subcompact SUV, which is expected to be launched in India next year.