Pawan Kalyan is an actor, producer, director, screenwriter, stunt coordinator, playback singer, choreographer, and politician. His film works are predominantly in Telugu cinema. He is the youngest brother of the popular actor Chiranjeevi. Kalyan made his acting debut in the 1996 Telugu film Akkada Ammayi Ikkada Abbayi.
The actor will now be seen again in movies with his recent outing as Vakeel Sahab.
As the megastar turns a year older today, here are some of the lesser-known facts of Pawan Kalyan
- The actor was born as Konidela Kalyan Babu, he is the brother to the megastar Chiranjeevi. The name “Pawan” was adopted because of his fascination with Karate during his young days. He has a black belt in Karate.
- He wanted to enter Tollywood with the intent of becoming a director but Chiranjeevi convinced him to be an actor as it would be helpful for him in the future, he has directed a few films and has managed to garner quite a praise for it too.
- The actor was the first person to endorse Pepsi in the Telugu film industry while his brother Chiranjeevi endorsed Coca-Cola meanwhile. This commercial came out in the year 2001.
- In his 23 years of his career, he has acted in almost 23 films so far and most of them happened to be remakes of super hit films from Kollywood and Bollywood. Gabbar Singh, the remake of Dabangg was one of the highest-grossing films of 2012 and also manage to garner a large number of fans.
- Apart from acting, Pawan Kalyan happens to make an alliance with the Prime Minister of India Narendra Modi. Modi had appreciated his vision of creating a better future for Telangana and Seemandhra.
- He has been involved extensively in humanitarian work where he has given at least Rs 20 Lakhs for the relief operations for the Uttarakhand floods which took place in 2013. He made a contribution of worth 50 Lakh rupees when Telangana was hit by the Hudhud cyclone in 2014.
- The actor is a health freak and he frequently practices yoga and naturopathy, his nephew Allu Arjun has been defending him for a very long time from the allegations made by the media.