Prateik Babbar is an Indian actor and son of late actress Smita Patil and Raj Babbar. He began his career as a production assistant before pursuing an acting career. Before making it to the big screen, Babbar appeared in television advertisements for a variety of products, including NestleKitKat, on the recommendation of the filmmaker Prahlad Kakkar.
Babbar made his screen debut with the 2008 coming of age drama Jaane Tu… Ya Jaane Na. Since his debut in Bollywood, Babbar has received accolades such as a Filmfare Award and a Stardust Award.
He garnered nominations at various award ceremonies including the Filmfare, Screen Awards, and the Stardust Awards for best debut, winning the last of the three.
In 2013 following a battle with substance abuse, a problem that Babbar had struggled with in the past as well, he went through rehab and counselling and has managed to stay sober since.
As the actor turns a year older, here are lesser-known facts about Prateik Babbar
- Prateik Babbar was born on 28 November 1986 to late actress Smita Patil and actor turned politician Raj Babbar.
- Prateik Babbar’s mother Smita Patil’s death was caused by postpartum complications after his birth.
- Prateik Babbar had strained relations with father Raj Babbar.
- Prateik Babbar was in a relationship with actress Amy Jackson.
- Prateik Babbar was seen in prominent roles in movies like Jaane Tu..Ya Jaane Na, Dhobi Ghaat, Dum Maro Dum and Aarakshan.