R. Madhavan Biography: R. Madhavan is a common abbreviation for Ranganathan Madhavan, an Indian actor, writer, director, and producer who primarily works in Tamil and Hindi films. R. Madhavan’s birthday is the first of June. In 1970, R. Madhavan was conceived. In 2022, R Madhavan will be 52 years old. R Madhavan’s zodiac sign is Gemini. He was born in Jamshedpur, Bihar, which is located in the present-day state of Jarkhand. R Madhavan is of Tamil ancestry. Madhavan received his diploma from D.B.M.S English School in Jamshedpur.
R. Madhavan Biography
|Net Worth In Indian Rupees:||105 Crore INR|
|Salary:||12 Crore +|
|Monthly Income:||1 Crore +|
|Date of Birth:||June 1, 1970|
Ranganathan Madhavan was born in Jamshedpur, Bihar (now Jharkhand), India on 1 June 1970 to Tamil Iyengar parents.His mother, Saroja, was a manager at the Bank of India, while his father, Ranganathan Iyengar, was a management executive at Tata Steel. His younger sibling, Devika, is a software engineer. In Jharkhand, he had a Tamil-speaking upbringing. Madhavan attended D.B.M.S. English School Jamshedpur for his education.
In 1988, Madhavan received a scholarship to represent India as a cultural ambassador from Rajaram College, Kolhapur, and participated in a Rotary International exchange programme in Stettler, Alberta, Canada. He completed his education in Kolhapur, graduating with a Bachelor of Science in Electronics. During his college years, Madhavan participated in extracurricular military training, and at the age of 22, he was recognised as one of the top NCC cadets in Maharashtra, allowing him to travel to England with seven other NCC cadets. Due to this opportunity, he received training with the British Army, Royal Navy, and Royal Air Force, all of which he had contemplated enlisting at one point.
However, he missed the age limit by six months and was therefore ineligible for the programme. After missing out on the position, he began teaching public speaking and personality development seminars in Kolhapur. The gratification he derived from teaching motivated him to pursue a master’s degree in public speaking at Kishinchand Chellaram College in Mumbai. During this time, he also won the Indian Public Speaking Championship and represented India at the 1992 Young Businessmen Conference in Tokyo, Japan. During his time in Mumbai, he decided to construct a portfolio and submit it to a modelling agency so he could earn more money to establish an office.
R. Madhavan Career
Madhavan did an advertisement for sandalwood cosmetics for Santosh Sivan in early 1997. Sivan subsequently recommended him to Mani Ratnam for a screen test for a role in Iruvar. Later that same year, Mani Ratnam contacted Madhavan for a screen test, but he was cut from the production because his irises appeared too youthful for a leading role.
The film, however, failed to create an impression and went unnoticed. Working Life In the leading character of Mani Ratnam’s film Alaipayuthey, Madhavan made his Kollywood debut. His performance was praised by critics, which contributed to its status as a “classic.”In 2001’s Gautham Vasudev Menon-directed romantic comedy Minnale, Madhavan played his first prominent role.
In 2016, during a career hiatus, Madhavan worked on the film Irudhi Suttru. He assisted in locating Tamil producers for the project and chose to co-produce the film in Hindi with S. Sashikanth and Rajkumar Hirani. Co-starring Vijay Sethupathi, Vikram Vedha was written by Pushkar-Gayathri and inspired by the folk tale Vikramathithan Vedhalam. Madhavan received weapons training and encountered members of the police and military for his role as an encounter officer. He received widespread praise and awards from critics, SIIMA, Filmfare, and other awarding bodies for this accomplishment.
R. Madhavan’s Net worth
The estimated total net worth of Mr. R Madhvan is $14 Million, which translates to approximately 105 Crore Indian Rupee (or approximately One Hundred and Three Crore INR) in Indian currency. His primary sources of income are film and brand endorsements. In addition to his acting compensation, R Madhvan obtains a share of his films’ proceeds. He accepts significant compensation for brand endorsements.
R Madhavan’s Private Life
The romance between R. Madhavan and his wife, Sarita Madhavan, is befitting of a Bollywood film. Madhavan began instructing communication and public speaking throughout India after earning a degree in electronics. He met Sarita Birje during one of his seminars in Kohlapur, and the rest, as they say, is history. Here is the love tale between R. Madhavan, a teacher, and Sarita Birje, a pupil. In 1999, he was wed to Sarita Birje.
After the birth of their son Vedaant on August 21, 2005, the family relocated to the boat-club district of Chennai from Kilpauk, where Madhavan’s parents and in-laws resided. Madhavan moved to Kandivali, Mumbai, with his wife and son in 2009 so that he could focus on his Hindi film career instead of the South Indian film industry.
Madhavan is the father of Vedaant, the professional swimmer who competed for India and won a silver medal at the Danish Open Swimming Meet. The actor claims that his time flying Cessnas with the National Cadet Corps “confirmed his decision” to pursue a degree in electronics, in addition to nurturing his interest in aero-modelling.
- His interests include golfing and cycling.
- On numerous occasions, Madhavan has been observed consuming alcohol and inhaling cigarettes.
- He consumes a plant-based diet.
- His son, Vedaant, has won three gold medals and one silver medal at the Junior Nationals Swim Meet.
- Madhavan has climbed New Zealand’s, Mount Cook.
- In 1988, he received a scholarship from Rajaram College to serve as a cultural ambassador for India in Stettler, Alberta, Canada.
- Although he debuted in Bollywood with “Rehnaa Hai Terre Dil Mein” (2001), his first Bollywood film was “Is Raat Ki Subah Nahin” (1996), in which he played a minor role as a vocalist.
- He supports PETA, and in July 2006, PETA’s online poll voted him the “cutest male vegetarian.”
- He is a renowned actor who has appeared in seven distinct language films.
- Sarita, his wife, has designed costumes for several of his films.
- Together with Anbe Sivam and Vikram Vedha, he is one of the three actors with the most appearances on the list of the ten highest-rated Indian films. Aamir Khan and Kamal Haasan are the two other actors with the most films on this list.
- Madhavan was selected for the main role of “Vivaah” by director Sanjay Dayma in 2003. Reportedly, Hrithik was also considered for the film’s other leading role, but the film was never produced.
- Madhavan was offered the character of Jimmy Shergill in “My Name Is Khan,” but he was unable to accept due to scheduling conflicts with “3 Idiots.”
- Madhavan was not Shyam Benegal’s first option for the abandoned film Ganga. Govinda was initially promised the position.
- In 2016, Lepra India appointed Madhavan as its ambassador of benevolence to promote leprosy prevention efforts.
- In 2017, Madhavan delivered speeches as part of Harvard University’s annual India Conference.