Now, reportedly, 45 junior artists of the film have been tested positive for the deadly coronavirus.
As per a report in ETimes, as many as 100 crew members were set to join the set for shooting on April 5 but as a precautionary measure, not just the film’s producer Vikram Malhotra but also the actor made it mandatory for everyone to get tested. Further, the report stated that out of 100, 45 junior artists have been diagnosed positive for the virus.
The news was confirmed by FWICE (Federatioon of Western India Cine Employees) General Secretary Ashok Dubey who told the portal, “Ram Setu has been taking full precautions. It is really unfortunate that 45 people from our Junior Artistes Association have tested positive. They have been quarantined.”
On Sunday, Akshay Kumar revealed in a note that he had contracted coronavirus. “I wish to inform everyone that, earlier this morning, I have tested positive for COVID-19. Following all the protocols I have immediately isolated myself. I am under home quarantine and have sought necessary medical care,” he wrote.
“I would sincerely request all those that have come in contact with me get themselves tested and take care. Back in action soon!” he said.
Meanwhile, actor Govina also contracted the virus on Sunday.