WhatsApp has introduced an ‘Always’ mute option that would allow you to mute the notifications of a WhatsApp chat or a group forever. Earlier the messaging platform used to provide three mute options – 8 Hours, 1 Week and 1 Year, but now instead of a year, you can mute a chat permanently. This feature is available for everyone on both Android and iOS devices as well as the web version.
WhatsApp has been testing the Always mute option for a long time, and now it has finally released it for its users. It is worth noting that once you mute a chat, you will receive messages sent to the group, but your phone will not vibrate or make noise when they’re received.
So, if you do not wish to receive notifications of a WhatsApp chat or a group, you can choose to mute it. Here check the step-by-step guide.
How to mute WhatsApp chats
- Open the WhatsApp chat you wish to mute, then tap the group subject.
- You can also swipe the group to the left in the Chats tab. Then tap More > Mute.
- You will get three options – 8 Hours, 1 Week and Always.
- Select the length of time you would like to mute notifications for.
- Your WhatsApp chat will be muted.
WhatsApp brings new features quite often to enhance the experience of its users. It had recently rolled out an ability to search for a specific contact, then choose the type of media and add keywords to look through past chats and messages.