A decision on a new CBI Director to replace ousted Alok Verma is expected to get announced on Saturday with discussions taking place on Friday at meeting of the high-level selection panel.
One name among the contenders for the post is of Rajni Kant Mishra who is the the IPS officers of the 1984 batch.
Here we list everything you require to know about the Rajni Kant Mishra
- Mishra was born on 2 August 1958 in Patna (Bihar).
- He has a postgraduate degree in Geology.
- He is an IPS Officer from the 1984-batch of the Uttar Pradesh cadre.
- He served in the several districts of UP such as Lucknow and Kanpur.
- Mishra was assigned to be Inspector General, BSF of Tripura and South Bengal Frontier in 2013.
- The 1984-batch IPS was later made the Additional Director General of Border Security Force.
- In 2018, he was made the Director General of the BSF after he served as the Director General of Sashastra Seema Bal (SSB). SS Deswal took his post at SSB.
In the meeting that took place on Friday, 60-70 candidates were discussed, with Kharge asking for details relating to seniority and batch of all the candidates in a combined list.
The high-level committee had earlier removed Alok Verma as CBI chief by making him the Director General, Fire Services, Civil Services and Home Guard which he refused to accept.
Verma and Central Bureau of Investigation Special Director Rakesh Asthana were sent on forced leave on October 23 after their fight became public. Both the officials had leveled allegations of bribery against each other.