In a highly shocking incident, a farmer who visited his farm to extinguish the fire got himself burnt alive amid the attempt. The heart trembling incident took place on Sunday at Ghangholi village of Uttar Pradesh’s Aligarh.
As per the reports, the deceased identified as Fohran Singh was working on his farm at 2 pm. All of a sudden, a spark in the electric wires erupted and fell into the wheat crop. Due to the strong wind the fire spread in the crop.
While Fohran Singh called for help from other farmers, his clothes caught fire and h died on spot. Till the time farmers from other field could arrive for help, Sinngh was dead by then.
Upon receiving the information, Tehsil police rushed to the spot and tried to calm the panic among other farmers.
Body of the deceased was sent for the postmortem. The case is under investigation.