अब आप न्यूज्ड हिंदी में पढ़ सकते हैं। यहाँ क्लिक करें
Home » Beyond Metros » Bihar: Retired army man shot dead while resisting cattle theft

Bihar: Retired army man shot dead while resisting cattle theft

By Newsd
Published on :
Karnataka: Three Muslim men attacked on suspicion of participating in Tablighi Jamaat event

Amdi the rising crime in Bihar, one more incident has occurred raising questions on law and order of Nitish Kumar government. At outskirts of Patna in Bariyarpur village of Bakhtiyarpur, cattle thieves killed Nawal Prasad Singh, a retired subedar of the army. His nephew Chandan Kumar sustained bullet injuries. This incident is reported to have taken place at midnight at 2.30 PM.

Half a dozen thieves after stealing cattle in nearby village tried to take away cattle of Arjun Singh, brother of Nawal Prasad Singh. Nawal Singh tried resisting the theft and while doing this one of them fired at him which went to hit his chest. Seeing this nephew came to his rescue who was also shot in his thighs. Later village people came out against thieves and ended up catching one of them named as Ghoshi Yadav.

Retired Subedar was rushed to nearest Primary Health Centre (PHC) where he was declared dead. His nephew after primary treatment was referred to Patna Medical College and Hospital (PMCH) whereas the thief caught by villagers was handed over to the police, Ghoshi is having more 30 criminal cases and is known to be associated with a big racket of cattle theft.

Retired Subedar shot down while resisting cattle theft
Retd. Subedar Nawal Prasad Singh

Knowing about the incident, Patna rural SP Anand Kumar and ASP Lipi Singh reached out to the spot. Confirming about the incident, both the officers detailed about the arrest of total three criminals who were involved in cattle theft and assured about arresting the remaining at the earliest. Speaking on the incident SSP Patna, Garima Mallik said- Three criminals are under arrest and interrogation is under process. Raids are going on and soon rest of them will be arrested.

Relatives of the retired army man created a ruckus at the PHC. They attacked the ambulance alleging a late response from its officials. PHC officials were physically manhandled for not treating the patient appropriately on time. Officials, on the other hand, refuted these allegations.