More and more states in India are getting affected by COVID-19. Though the spread of the virus has reduced, many states are still suffering.
Here is a list of states with the highest number of COVID-19 cases:
- Maharashtra:On Thursday, 778 news cases were registered in Maharashtra in 24 hours. The tally of infected has reached 6,427 in the state, according to state health department data. However, the Union health ministry has, 6,430 COVID-19 positive cases so far.
- Gujarat:The state has the second-highest number of COVID-19 cases. In total 2,624 people are said infected here, of which 258 people have been discharged while 112 lost their lives, according to Union Health Ministry data. Nine of the fatalities have been reported since Thursday.
- Delhi: With 2,376 COVID-19 cases, Delhi is third on the list. On Thursday, two more people died here. There are 50 fatalities, according to the Union Health Ministry.
- Rajasthan:Rajasthan on Friday morning reported 2,000 cases of the coronavirus disease COVID-19 with 36 new infections, including 13 from Jaipur. Rajasthan had reported 1000 cases on April 14, taking the COVID-19 tally to 1005.
- Madhya Pradesh:The state has reported 1,699 positive cases of COVID-19 till Friday. 83 people have died from COVID-19 here while 203 have recovered, according to the Union Health Ministry.
- Tamil Nadu: Tamil Nadu has reported 1,683 cases till Friday, the Union Health Ministry said. The death toll has reached 20 in the state.
- Uttar Pradesh:The state has 1,510 COVID-19 positive cases. While 206 people have recovered from the disease in Uttar Pradesh, 24 have died from the infection here, according to Union Health Ministry.
- Telangana: The COVID-19 positive cases have reached 960 in Telangana. Nearly 200 (197 to be exact) have made a recovery from the virus while 24 people have died from COVID-19.
- Andhra Pradesh:The state recorded 895 positive COVID-19 patients and 141 cases of recovery. 27 people have died here, as per the latest data from the Centre on Friday.
- Kerala:As per the health ministry, Kerala reported 447 coronavirus cases on Friday. The state has witnessed three deaths due to COVID-19 while 324 people have successfully recovered.