Ahead of the Republic Day 2020, the Delhi Metro Rail Corporation (DMRC) on Friday announced that Delhi Metro services will be partially curtailed on the 26th of January as part of the security arrangements for the Republic Day celebrations as per the instructions of Delhi Police.
HUDA City Centre to Samaypur Badli (Line 2)
- Entry and exit at Central Secretariat and Udyog Bhawan metro stations will remain closed from start of revenue services till 12 noon.
- Patel Chowk and Lok Kalyan Marg metro stations entry and exit will remain closed from 8:45am to 12 noon.
- Central Secretariat station will only be used for interchange of passengers between Line 2 and Line 6.
Kashmere Gate-Raja Nahar Singh (Line 6)
- The metro stations on Line-6 namely ITO, Delhi Gate, Lal Quila, Jama Masjid will remain open throughout the day.
- However, certain entry/exit gates at these stations will remain closed from start of revenue services till 12 noon – ITO (Gate No. 3, 4 & 6), Delhi Gate (Gate No. 1, 4 & 5), Lal Quila (Gate No. 4) and Jama Masjid (Gate No. 3 & 4)
Due to security concerns for the approaching Republic Day, the Delhi Metro Rail Corporation (DMRC) has increased the safety and security measures across all Delhi Metro stations on the network.
“The services of Delhi Metro will be partially curtailed on Saturday, January 26 (Republic Day) as part of the security arrangements for the Republic Day celebrations as per the instructions of Delhi Police,” the Delhi Metro Rail Corporation said in a statement.
At Central Secretariat and Udyog Bhawan Metro stations, the entry and exit of passengers will remain closed from 06:00 AM up to 12:00 PM. The Patel Chowk and Lok Kalyan Marg Metro stations will close entry and exit from 08:45 AM to 12:00 PM. Commuters can use the Central Secretariat station to interchange between Yellow and Violet line, DMRC said.
Furthermore, it informed that the metro schedules of Yellow Line (HUDA City Centre Samaypur Badli) and Red Line (Kashmere Gate-Raja Nahar Singh) have also been partially modified. “The metro stations on Violet Line, namely ITO, Delhi Gate, Lal Quila, Jama Masjid, will remain open throughout the day. However, certain entry and exit gates at these stations will remain closed from the start of revenue services till 12:00 PM”, it added.
From almost a week before Republic Day, DMRC has strengthened the security measures at stations.
According to CISF Unit DMRC, the following changes will be observed in Delhi Metro services due to security arrangements as part of Republic Day 2020:
- Increased security checking and frisking of commuters at all Delhi Metro stations
- CISF Black commando teams will be delegated at several major stations including terminal stations, interchange stations and those which often witness overcrowding and high footfall
- Due to increased checking at major stations including terminals and interchange ones, commuters entering the station might have to wait in long queues.
On January 26, 2020, if any metro station on the network gets closed or observes restricted access, DMRC will update accordingly. The metro operator updates on the major changes or delays in metro services on a regular basis.