Rome: Novak Djokovic kept his lead in the latest ATP men’s tennis rankings even after he lost to Rafael Nadal of Spain in the final of the Italian Open.
The Serb has 12,355 points ranking first, followed by Spain’s Rafael Nadal (7,945) and Roger Federer of Switzerland (5,950).
After the Italian Open, Greece’s Stefanos Tsitsipas rose to the sixth position while American John Isner went up to the tenth.
Following are the latest ATP rankings (previous ranking in parenthesis):
- (1) Novak Djokovic, Serbia, 12,355 points
- (2) Rafael Nadal, Spain, 7,945
- (3) Roger Federer, Switzerland, 5,950
- (4) Dominic Thiem, Austria, 4,845
- (5) Alexander Zverev, Germany, 4,155
- (7) Stefanos Tsitsipas, Greece, 4,080
- (6) Kei Nishikori, Japan, 3,860
- (8) Kevin Anderson, South Africa, 3,745
- (9) Juan Martin del Potro, Argentina, 3,235
- (11) John Isner, United States, 2,040