Farhan Akhtar turns 48: Born on Januray 9, 1974, Farhan Akhtar is an Indian actor, director, screenwriter, playback singer, producer and television host who works in Bollywood movies.
January 9, 2022, the special day marks Akhtar’s 48th birthday.
Farhan Akhtar is a man of many talents.
He donned many hats, from being a director to an actor to a musician, and probably that’s why he is called Bollywood’s all-rounder star.
He began his career in Bollywood by as an assistant director in the 1991 Indian musical romantic drama film ‘Lamhe’. It was early 2000s that let Akhtar made his directorial debut with ‘Dil Chahta Hai’, later to win the National Award for Best Hindi Film the next year.
The official screen debut of the came with Abhishek Kapoor’s musical drama ‘Rock On!!’. He is one the most gifted stars in Bollywood who hasn’t limited himself to just one field.
He has starred and produced many hit movies like ‘Zindigi Na Milegi Doobara’, ‘Bhaag Milkha Bhaag’, ‘Dil Dhadakne Do’, ‘Wazir’, ‘The sky is pink’ and many more.
Here are some of the lesser known facts about him.
- Farhan Akhtar is a college dropout. He left college in his 2nd year of graduation to start his career in Bollywood.
- Farhan started out as an assistant director for ‘Lamhe’ starring Sridevi in 1991, and ‘Himalay Putra’ in 1997, then moved on to directorial debut with ‘Dil Chahta Hai’ in 2001. He then made his acting and singing debut in a musical film titled ‘Rock On’ in 2008.
- Farhan Akhtar received a National Award in 2002 for ‘Dil Chahta Hai’ which bagged the Best Feature Film honour.
- You won’t believe this, but, Farhan has apparently watched cult classic ‘Sholay’ nearly 50 times, and doesn’t find it perfect. For him ‘Deewar’ is a much better film.
- Hollywood legend, American actor & producer Robert De Niro is Farhan Akhtar’s role model.
- Farhan is scared of cockroaches, so much so, that once he ran away during the narration of ‘Dil Chahta Hai’ and returned only after the cockroach was killed.
Farhan Akhtar memorable dialogues he’s best known for-
As Farhan Akhtar will turn 48-year-old, here are some memorable dialogues of the actor that have won fans hearts.
- “Dilon mein tum apni betabiyan leke chal rahe ho toh zinda ho tum, Nazar mein khwabon ki bijliye leke chal rahe ho toh zinda ho tum.”- Zindagi Na Milegi Dobara
- “Apne raaste par chalte raho, chalte raho. Dheere dheere saari duniya tumhare raaste par aa jayegi.”- Luck By Chance
- “Jab main galti karta hoon toh main sorry kehta hu. Aur jab meri wife galti karti hai toh main sorry kehta hu.”- Shaadi Ke Side Effects
- “Artist duniya se chale jaate hai, lekin unka art unhe hamesha zinda rakhta hai.”- Rock On 2
- “Kaamyabi aur nakaamyabi insan khud hi chunta hai.”- Luck By Chance
- “Jab solution pass nahi toh problem se dur raho.”- Shaadi Ke Side Effects
- “Zindagi mein aksar kuch zyada paane ki chaah mein hum woh kho dete hai jo humare paas hai.”- Shaadi Ke Side Effects