Gandhi Jayanti 2021: Mahatma Gandhi was born on October 2, 1869, in Porbandar, India, and so began a life that would change the history of his country and the world for the better.
After studying law, Gandhi famously advocated for the rights of Indians, ultimately becoming “Bapu,” the father of the Indian independence movement.
But his non-violent activism reached far beyond his homeland, becoming a global call for the oppressed all over the world to unite and stand up for freedom and justice through peaceful protest.
Today, the power of Gandhi’s words still inspires us to change the world by changing ourselves. Here are some of his most famous quotes:
- When restraint and courtesy are added to strength, the latter becomes irresistible.
- An eye for eye only ends up making the whole world blind.
- Where there is love there is life.
- Earth provides enough to satisfy every man’s needs, but not every man’s greed.
- Hate the sin, love the sinner.
- In a gentle way, you can shake the world.
- The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is the attribute of the strong.
- Action expresses priorities.
- If you don’t ask, you don’t get it
- Happiness is when what you think, what you say, and what you do are in harmony.
- “Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.”
- “Prayer is the key of the morning and the bolt of the evening.”
- “The best way to find yourself is to lose yourself in the service of others.”
- “Happiness is when what you think, what you say and what you do are in harmony.”
- “Where there is love there is life.”
- “First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.”
- “The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is the attribute of the strong.”
- “You must be the change you wish to see in the world.”
- ‘‘The good man is the friend of all living things.”
- “An eye for an eye only ends up making the whole world blind.”