Twinkle Khanna, also known as Tina Jatin Khanna was born on 29 December 1974 and is a well-known author, newspaper columnist, interior designer, film producer and a former film actress.
In 2015, she released her first non-fiction book, MrsFunnybones which was declared a bestseller, making Khanna India’s highest-selling woman writer that year. Her second book, The Legend of Lakshmi Prasad, a collection of short stories, one of which was based on social entrepreneur Arunachalam Muruganantham was later made into National Award-winning feature film, Pad Man with the focus on dispelling taboos around menstruation. It was produced under Khanna’s production house Mrs. Funnybones Movies which was set up in 2016.
On her 47th birthday, we bring you some lesser – known yet interesting facts about this gorgeous lady-
- Twinkle Khanna is an Indian interior designer, newspaper columnist, film producer, author and former film actress. She is the daughter of established actors Dimple Kapadia and Rajesh Khanna.Â Here are some unknown facts about Twinkle Khanna.
- Her first on-screen role was in the 1995 film Barsaat. She won the Filmfare Award for Best Female Debut for her role in the romance film Barsaat (1995).
- One of the interesting facts about Twinkle is that she has the privilege of being born on the same day as dad. Twinkle considers herself very lucky to share her birthday with her father.
- Very few might know this fact about Twinkle’s life that she underwent an eye correction surgery for her condition of a slight cross eye. During her launch in 1995, she was having this cross eye condition, but after the success of her initial few films she underwent this surgery.
- Twinkle Khanna has managed to work with almost all leading superstars. But very few wouldknow that the popular role of Tina in Karan Johar’s film Kuch Kuch Hota Hai was initially offered to Twinkle Khanna. In fact Karan wrote it keeping Twinkle in mind, but it eventually went to Rani Mukerji after Twinkle rejected it.
- Khanna married Kumar in 2001. Twinkle left the industry after marrying Akshay Kumar because she wasn’t enjoying the acting profession anymore. Her last film was Love Ke Liye Kuchh Bhi Karega (2001)
- In 2009, People magazine listed her as the 4th best dressed celebrity in India.
- Twinkle recently did the interiors for Rani Mukerji’s new house.
Akshay Kumar and Twinkle Khanna are also all set to celebrate the latter’s birthday in the Maldives with their daughter Nitara. The couple has shared candid videos of themselves enjoying the sea breeze and having fun at the picturesque destination. The two will reportedly also bring in the New Year there as Akshay has taken a break from his hectic shoot schedule.
Akshay is wearing a breezy tropical print shirt and shorts and flaunting his grey stubble. A song from his latest release Atrangi Re, “Rait Zara Si” plays in the background.
View this post on Instagram
Twinkle shared a video of herself strolling as she enjoys the view of the ocean and then pacing towards daughter Nitara. She wrote, “Birthday celebrations have already begun with trapping golden sunlight within the pores of my skin, my hair salty from the hazy blue sea and my heart filled to the brim.”
For Twinkle’s special day, Akshay has taken a break from his busy shooting schedule. The actor has had a busy year this year with back to back film releases. His latest film to be released was Aanand L Rai’s Atrangi Re, streaming on Disney+ Hotstar. Akshay plays a magician — a special cameo — in the Dhanush and Sara Ali Khan starrer.