Navratri literally means nine nights. According to Hindu traditions, each day, devotees worship a different form of Goddess Durga. According to the Hindu lunar calendar, Navratri falls in the month of Ashvin and the festival celebrates Goddess Durga’s victory over a demon to restore dharma.
This year the festival will begin on 10th, October and end on 18th October. Throughout the nine nights, nine forms of the goddess are worshipped with much grandeur. While some people fast during these divine nine-days, others wear new clothes, sing folk songs and perform folk dances like Garba and Dandiya (especially in Gujarat). Feasts are prepared, homes are decorated and social gatherings take place.
Navratri SMS, Wishes, Quotes, Status and Greetings
To make sure you don’t miss out on wishing your friends and family, we have curated a list of messages that you can send to your family and friends on the occasion of Navratri.
* It’s an auspicious day of Navratri
Make a wish and it shall come true
Do good deeds and forget the rest
Maa is constantly watching you
* May Maa durga empower you and your family
with her nine swaroopas of name, fame, health, wealth, happiness, humanity, education, bhakti, shakti.
* May this Navratri be as bright as ever
It’s time to celebrate sing and dance
May Maa bless you in every way
May you get your perfect chance
* May the brightness of Navratri
Fill your days with cheer
May all your dreams come true
During Navratri and all through the year
* Navratri means 9 nights of devotion. Spirituality. Celebrations. Music. Dance. Garba. Stuti.
Hope the divine blessings of Maa always be with you.
* May Maa Durga shower all her blessings on you and your family during this Navratri. May her sights be always with you. May her hands be on you through the year. Happy Navratri.
* May the divine blessings of the goddess be with you on all days. Wish you a very Happy Navratri days!
* May this Navratri fill your life with the colours of happiness and prosperity. Wishing you and your family a very Happy Navratri!
* Let the spirit of these pious Navratri days bring you hope and courage in life. Happy Navratri to all.
* Here I bring you the nine prasads of the festival of nine holy nights –
Navratri images, pictures, wallpapers for Facebook and Whatsapp