There have been only a few days left before the start of India’s biggest cricketing carnival, the Indian Premier League 2019. With full of action and lots of excitement and surprises, IPL will hit your TV screens from March 23 onwards with Royal Challengers Bangalore taking on the defending champions Chennai Super Kings in the first match of IPL 2019.
IPL is well-known for creating and breaking records and making history and this time the race is among the Indian players to become the first player to smash 200 sixes in IPL. The frontrunners of the race are the former Indian skipper MS Dhoni, his CSK teammate Suresh Raina, Mumbai Indians skipper Rohit Sharma and the Indian and RCB skipper Virat Kohli.
The Caribbean beast Chris Gayle has already smashed more than 200 sixes and is just 8 sixes away to reach 300 IPL sixes. He is the ultimate sixer king in IPL. But among Indians, MS Dhoni is in the first place as he has smashed 186 sixes in 158 innings. He is followed by his CSK teammate Suresh Raina who has cleared the fences 185 times in 172 innings. Team India vice-captain and Mumbai Indians captain Rohit Sharma is the third Indian in this race by scoring 184 sixes in 168 innings. Skipper Virat Kohli is a bit behind but not too far away as he has smashed 178 sixes in 155 innings.
Take a look at the overall sixer-kings in IPL:
- Chris Gayle- 292 sixes in 111 innings
- AB de Villiers- 186 sixes in 129 innings
- MS Dhoni- 186 sixes in 158 innings
- Suresh Raina- 185 sixes in 172 innings
- Rohit Sharma- 184 sixes in 168 innings
- Virat Kohli- 178 sixes in 155 innings
- David Warner- 160 sixes in 114 innings
- Shane Watson- 157 sixes in 113 innings
- Yusuf Pathan- 157 sixes in 164 innings
- Kieron Pollard- 154 sixes in 121 innings