Juhi Chawla is one of the most noted actresses known for her performance in the 90s. The 1984’s Miss India winner turns 52 today. Juhi started her Bollywood acting career in 1986 with the film Sultanat. However, her appearance in Qayamat Se Qayamat Tak gained her huge recognition in the industry.
Apart from Hindi films, Chawla has also appeared Bengali, Punjabi, Malayalam, Tamil, Kannada and Telugu films
Here is everything you need to know about Juhi Chawla:
- Juhi Chawla is a family person and her social media handles are proof of the same. She is always spotted posting pictures and videos with her family and friends.
- Juhi was born and raised in Ambala, Haryana. Her late father, Dr. S. Chawla worked as an officer at the Indian Revenue Service (IRS). Juhi’s late mother Mona Chawla worked in the Oberois.
- She also had an elder brother, Sanjeev Chawla aka Bobby Chawla, who was the CEO of Red Chillies Entertainment. Bobby Chawla passed away in 2014 due to a massive stroke and four years of coma treatment. Juhi also had a sister Sonia, who passed away due to cancer in 2012.
- Juhi Chawla got married in 1995 to an Indian Businessman, Jay Mehta. Jay was earlier married to Sujata Birla, sister of Yash Birla.
- Juhi has two kids with Jay, one daughter, and one son. Jhanvi Mehta is her oldest daughter born in 2001 and Arjun Mehta is her youngest son born in 2003.
- Jay Mehta and Juhi Chawla are the co-owners of the Indian Premier League team Kolkata Knight Riders in partnership with Shahrukh Khan under their company Red Chillies Entertainment.