The popular quiz show, Kaun Banega Crorepati (KBC) 12, is back on air. The twelfth season of KBC premiered on Monday. Although the aspiring contestants might not get a chance to sit on the hot seat, they will surely have chances of winning attractive prize money. Amitabh Bachchan is again the host of the much-loved game reality show.
In KBC 12’s premiere episode, Aarti Jagtap became the first contestant of the new season. She quit after winning Rs 6,40,000. Aarti used her first lifeline Flip The Question for answering Rs 20,000. She got confused and opted for a different question and answered it correctly. She used her second lifeline 50:50 for the next question, which was for Rs 40,000.
Here are the questions Aarti Jagtap was asked:
- The first question for Rs 1000 was, “The term ‘app’ in the context of a mobile app, is a shortened form of which word?” The options were Apple Apparel, Apparatus, and Application. The answer is Application.
- The second question for Rs 2000 was, “Which actress made her debut, in a leading role, in the film that featured the song?” The song played is the title track of Sushant Singh Rajput starrer Dil Bechara. The options were Ankita Lokhande, Alaia Furniturewala, Sanjana Sanghi, and Ananya Panday. The answer is Sanjana Sanghi.
- The third question for Rs 3000 was, “According to our Union Ministry of Health and WHO, you should wash your hands with soap and water for at least how many seconds to prevent the spread of COVID-19?” The options were 1-5 seconds, 5-10 seconds, 10-15 seconds, and 20-30 seconds. The answer is 20-30 seconds.
- The fourth question for Rs 5000 was, “This photograph was taken at the trailer launch of a film about which ISRO mission?” The photo shown featured actors Taapsee Pannu, Vidya Balan, Akshay Kumar, Kirti Kulhari, Nithya Menen, and Sonakshi Sinha. The options were Gaganyaan, Mangalyaan, Chandrayaan-1, and Chandrayaan-2. The answer is Mangalyaan.
- The fifth question for Rs 10,000 was, “In which city is this historical place located?” The options were Patiala, Ludhiana, Amritsar, and Chandigarh. The historical place shown in the video is Jallianwala Bagh, and the correct answer is Amritsar.
- The sixth question for Rs 20,000 was, “Which river passes through marble stones in Bhedaghat in Madhya Pradesh?” The options were: Chambal, Narmada, Shipra, and Betwa. Since Aarti Jagtap didn’t know the answer, she chose to use her lifeline. She flipped the question. Before presenting her with another question, senior Bachchan said the answer to the original sixth question is Narmada.
- The new question was, “Which actor has a film production company that has the name of a spice in its name?” The options were Salman Khan, Shah Rukh Khan, Saif Ali Khan, and Aamir Khan. The answer is Shah Rukh Khan.
- The seventh question for Rs 40,000 was, “In January 2020, Rani Rampal became the first-ever player in which sport to win ‘World Game Athlete of the year 2019’ award?” The options were Hockey, Table Tennis, Cricket, and Football. Confused between Hockey and Cricket, Aarti Jagtap took the 50-50 lifeline. She chose Hockey as the answer, and it was the correct answer.
- The eighth question for Rs 80,000 was, “A professional examination board popularly known as Vyapam conducts various tests for admission to professional courses in which of these states?” The options were Gujarat, Uttar Pradesh, Rajasthan, and Chattisgarh. Unsure about the answer, Aarti video called her friend who advised her to choose Chattisgarh as the answer. It was the correct answer.
- The ninth question for Rs 1,60,000 was, “According to Mahabharat, who among these was not Arjuna’s wife?” The options were Subhadra, Ulupi, Devika, and Chitrangada. After taking the help of the expert, Aarti answered Devika, which was the correct answer.
- The tenth question for Rs 3,20,000 was, “The release of which chemical led to the Bhopal gas tragedy in 1984?” The options were Hydrogen Azide, Methyl Isocyanate, Dichlorosilane, and Silicon Tetrachloride. The answer is Methyl Isocyanate.
- The eleventh question for Rs 6,40,000 was “Written by former Lok Sabha speaker Sumitra Mahajan, the book ‘Matoshree’ is based on the life of which Indian queen?” The options were Rani Lakshmibai, Rani Padmini, Rani Durgavati, and Rani Ahilyabai Holkar. The answer is Rani Ahilyabai Holkar
- The twelfth question for Rs 12,50,000 was, “Who invented the telescope in 1608?” The options were Johannes Kepler, Nicolaus Copernicus, Hans Lippershey, and Galileo Galilei.
- Unsure about the answer, Aarti Jagtap chose to quit the game. Upon quitting, senior Bachchan asked Aarti to guess the answer. She guessed Nicolaus Copernicus as the answer, which was incorrect. The correct answer is Hans Lippershey.